Hey to everybody! Would like to say up front that this seems to be the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ASTMedic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E995D1

Question New and need help on a few things

Advertisement

Hey to everybody!

Would like to say up front that this seems to be the most helpful and friendly forum I've ever been on.

Just got my 8100 today and must say WOW. Heck of a phone!! So now I need some help. It's a phone from Cingular and I'm having trouble connecting to the MediaNet site. I took it to the local store and they had no luck in figuring it out. I can use the normal browser with no problems just not the MediaNet. I get an error code stating "Unable to connect to the Internet". Any ideas??

Also I know I'm breaking a big rule not finding the answer by searching but there seems to be so much on the issue:

How do I get rid of any apps that I don't plan on using? There is so much stuff on here and I don't plan on using some of it. Do I have to do an OS update or am I getting myself in too deep? Also any good apps to put on after the clean up would be good too.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello AST, welcome to pinstack.

I cant help much with Cingular related issues, but would love to help you in any other way.

To get rid of apps that you dont use you have two choices, hide them, or delete them. Which would you prefer?

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    Delete them.

portal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052E55D
    Connect the phone to your computer through the USB cable, open up the desktop manager, go to application loader, and it will show you everything that is installed your on BB, you can remove stuff you don't need from there.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Or you could just hide them cp6169 said, you never know you might just need it one day. Select the appl. you dont want > hit menu btn > hide

or

Scroll all the way down to Organize Appl. > select the appl you dont need > hit menu btn > hide.

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    Thanks so far. I'm about to install the OS update from BB for the Cingular phone. Anybody want to give me their .02 on some good apps to install. I'm just using this for everyday stuff and a little work. (Paramedic) Say maps or browsers, stuff like that. Where can I find the apps also??

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    google maps is great for the pearl. any other apps you need I suggest a search or just browse the 3rd party section. filled with info and apps. welcome to the stacks. any questions ask. thanx for being around
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    I installed the .84 software from the BB web site and I cant tell if it was installed on my phone. I looked at the "about" page and it looks like .69 is still on there. Am I missing something?

sslolley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404820F
    I had the identical issue with not being able to get media net on the first day of pearl ownership ---- i kept talking with the store rep who had made some change with my account (he said i didn't "need" something, made changes, etc), and that media net should be working fine. I called cingular tech support and they looked up my plan and said "HEY --- who changed your plan? They changed what you NEED FOR MEDIA NET".......at any rate I asked him to change it back and it was fine. It was more frustrating than anything else. Enjoy (I LOVE my pearl!)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ASTMedic, Welcome to PinStack.

About Media Net, I suggest you call Cingular Customer Care and either select the option for data devices such as 7290 . . . when given the option or ask for blackberry data support if you don't hear the options.

Secondly, the package you downloaded was release or package .84 which contains the OS 4.2.0.69 and platform 2.2.0.40, so you downloaded the latest/only available one from Cingular.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles