Hello all, I just received me pearl a month ago and while I do love ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Fun Hole no está en línea Stack level 1

new and have some questions PLEASE

Advertisement

Hello all,

I just received me pearl a month ago and while I do love it (its my first blackberry) it seems to drop service when I'm using the web browser, as soon as I close the browser I regain my connection.
    Is there anything I can do to help with this? It is the primary reason I chose blackberry,

Any help or comments would be appreciated!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    U know I had exactly the same thing and I've called them a few times until there was nothing they could tell me but to get an exchange. Thats what I did and u know what, it works good now. Sorry cant tell you anything better. But hey you might want to try formatting and reinstalling your operating system.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    with my knowledge I think you can only use one at a time. surfing or talking on the phone. That's what I was led to believe.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    yea just tried it. I went into opera and started a search on google and then dialed my voice mail. The data connection paused as I was listening to my voice mail. But once you go back to the browser it'll pick up right where it left off.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes as reddog said you are supposed to only be able to use one at a time, data or voice or vice versa.

For example when I get a phone call my IM signs off, or goes invisible after the phone call my IM automatically signs back on.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Fun Hole, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you lose your connection as soon as you open the browser and can't go to any internet site? Is this the problem? What does it drop to, gprs/edge or GSM?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles