Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

YEah you need to download it from your carriers website I assumed verizon when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

YEah you need to download it from your carriers website I assumed verizon when i supplied the link but it could be Telus or Sprint as well so go to your appropriate site and download the Handheld software.

barbhj no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Everyone, thanks so much for all your help.. the threads given were of much success and Im on my way. So much for explicit directions upon purchasing the phone!

Looony2nz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem. I have the desktop manager on my computer. I still need to download the OS ??? I started doing this, it says it takes like an hour to do this? Why do I have to do this when I have the desktop manager already.
    I'm very frustrated that I can't get themes !
    Help!!!

Looony2nz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, I'm downloading the HANDHELD software...it says it takes 20 min.
    After I download it, ..... is that it? the desktop manager will let me download themes?
    or do I have to do something to the handheld software after I download it.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You must run the handheld software so it will be installed on your computer. Once it is installed you should be able to install anything designed for your phone with no problems provided the correct files are downloaded on your computer.

Zo

windycitymike no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe you have to make sure both the .alx file and the .cod file are in the same directory before you select the .alx file for installation. I am a new blackberry user and have run into this problem before.

aehockeyguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    what if were not with verizon? do we have to get the new software from the telus website if were with telus??

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You don't have to get it from telus but it will probably be easier. If you get another CDMA carrier's software, make sure to remove the "vendor.xml" file. That file is what the computer reads to determine who the software you just installed was designed for.

Zo

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    You don't have to get it from telus but it will probably be easier. If you get another CDMA carrier's software, make sure to remove the "vendor.xml" file. That file is what the computer reads to determine who the software you just installed was designed for.

Zo

and on your PC , that can be found by going to

MY COMPUTER ----->>
    CLICK ON C:/ DRIVE OR LOCAL DRIVE --->
    CLICK ON FOLDER NAMED "PROGRAM FILES" ---->>
    CLICK ON FOLDER CALLED "COMMON FILES" --->>>
    CLICK ON FOLDER CALLED "RESEARCH IN MOTION" --- >>>

THEN CLICK ON FOLDER CALLED "APP LOADER" AND THE VENDOR.XML SHOULD BE AT THE BOTTOM , waiting for you to delet it. heheheh

richardc2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317BF6E9
    i had this same problem and you have to go to the blackberry website and get the lattest desktop software because the cd that ships with the 8130 does not have a version that supports the device. From the article I found on the website:
    Cause

The version of loader.exe included with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3 installation CD, does not support the following BlackBerry smartphone models:
    • BlackBerry 8130 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8310 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8320 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8820 smartphone
    • Resolution

Download the latest version of the BlackBerry® Device Software to the computer, and then install it to your BlackBerry smartphone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12