I got my new 8120 Pearl yesterday and am already pretty "up" with it. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TedFerrara no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New 8120 User

Advertisement

I got my new 8120 Pearl yesterday and am already pretty "up" with it. I do have a few questions and I was told by a TMobile Rep that this is a great place to get answers. I used to have a Pearl 8100.

1. Where I sit at work, I was able to get on the internet with my 8100. With the 8120, I get an error message stating that "This is a Wi-Fi Service, Please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again." But, I'm not trying to use the Wi-Fi feature. In fact, it is disabled. I'm just trying to use the same old system I used to use.

2. I don't remember what "browser" I had on the 8100. But the options on the 8120 for browser are: "HotSpot" or "TZones." Which should I be using? Should I emulate Microsoft IE?

3. Is there a way of adjusting the vibrate feature? The vibration is very minimal.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dude it sounds like TM crippled your BB I know if you have the PS(pinstack) launcher it will take you to the www. Mine is ATT and I have no such probs with mine. I guess Tzones but Erica has TM maybe she can help with that. Have your service books dl'd yet? If not your browser won't show that much I do know. As far as the cub goes you can set it to cub twice in the profile setup but Idk if that will help you or not. Hope this helped and will try to check back.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Log into your bis account and you need to put your pin and imei number in.then resend your service books
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    Log into your bis account and you need to put your pin and imei number in.then resend your service books
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How do you log into your BIS account?

I'm having a similar problem, except I had active service free for the first month that worked fine. Yesterday T-mobile officially applied it to my plan (supposedly). I can get on with wifi but not with my mobile network anymore.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can either use the Setup Internet Email (Manage Internet Email) icon or log in using a PC browser. Click on Service Books and then Send Service Books.

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    Check and see what your default browser. It sounds like its currently set to the WiFi browser, switch this to the Internet Browser. If you don't have the internet browser as an option, delete your service books (on the device options-advanced options - service books) and then go into MyT-Mobile and resend them.

Quote Originally Posted by TedFerrara View Post
    I got my new 8120 Pearl yesterday and am already pretty "up" with it. I do have a few questions and I was told by a TMobile Rep that this is a great place to get answers. I used to have a Pearl 8100.

1. Where I sit at work, I was able to get on the internet with my 8100. With the 8120, I get an error message stating that "This is a Wi-Fi Service, Please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again." But, I'm not trying to use the Wi-Fi feature. In fact, it is disabled. I'm just trying to use the same old system I used to use.

2. I don't remember what "browser" I had on the 8100. But the options on the 8120 for browser are: "HotSpot" or "TZones." Which should I be using? Should I emulate Microsoft IE?

3. Is there a way of adjusting the vibrate feature? The vibration is very minimal.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    Check and see what your default browser. It sounds like its currently set to the WiFi browser, switch this to the Internet Browser. If you don't have the internet browser as an option, delete your service books (on the device options-advanced options - service books) and then go into MyT-Mobile and resend them.

I just had to switch my browser from WiFi Browser to Internet Browser but it still didn't work. I am unable to access the Browser on my phone. Opera Mini can't connect either

TedFerrara no está en línea Stack level 1

TMo

I think I need to have my service books sent again. The TMo rep I was talking to couldnt diagnose the problem and I only had limited time while I was on a break at work to discuss.

Generally, a cool phone. But....again, that vibrate is WEAK.