I have had a good read of the forums and found them very informative so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kc1957 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New 8100 User - no data package.

Advertisement

I have had a good read of the forums and found them very informative so thought I would post a quick question. My company has just moved over to Blackberry 8100's but in there infinite wisdom have decided not to go with the data package except for a limited few people. My question is, what is the 8100 like as a general mobile phone. Do all of the software packages I see such as MP3, mapping etc require the data package to be any use.

A phone is only as good as its ease of use but you can forgive some poor area's if it has some strong points. I will be using it in anger from Wed but would appreciate some up front tips as to how to get the best out of it.

many thanks

kev

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mp3 player operates w/o data. My advice, get a decent memory card +/- 2GB. Put on your fav tunes. (Maybe even a short video clip here & there)

Brickbreaker- everyone's fav. game, comes stock on the device.

Maps requires data.

Without a data plan, it's basically a cell phone/organizer. Calendar, address book, text messages.

My question for you... What's the point of a corporate non-data device?

--
    dj flyy

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Welcome to the Stacks Kev. Without data, it's not nearly as much fun (or useful).

kc1957 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Many thanks. Most of my colleagues are of the same opinion. we don't know why they have gone for this without data. Maybe they will look to release later but iun the meantime a basic and not too friendly phone. I have used the MP3 and find it pretty good. Thanks for the swift response.