So a few days ago I traded my Sidekick 3 in for a Pearl, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Decile no está en línea Stack level 1

New.

Advertisement

So a few days ago I traded my Sidekick 3 in for a Pearl, I was within my 14 days after extending my contract and such, I bought the sidekick 3 thinking it would be a great phone for the price, fully customizable, etc. Only to find out the screen has very low resolution and looks very washed out, and everything is locked out, you can't customzie anything, load your own apps, themes, etc, anything to do with the Sidekick you have to go threw the Download Catalog and download it, it didn't even come preloaded with a calculator or an alarm, you had to download them, and all the downloads cost around 5-6$, so I was pretty dissapointed about that, you couldn't even use the mp3s you loaded as ringtones, you had to buy them. >.<

But I'm extremely happy with the Pearl so far, being the computer nerd that I am everything is customizable almost, and you can load your own apps, ringtones, etc, the camera is 100% better then the Sidekick, and the screen makes the sidekicks screen look black and white, the browser is 100% faster and the phone is just amazing.

But my question is, what do you all use your Blackberrys for, and why a blackberry? I noticed there alot more popular than I thought.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hello, and Welcome to the Stacks.

Here is a good thread to read about blackberry users:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ry_owners.html

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to PinStack Decile! I use mine pretty much for phone and emails and the odd bit of browsing. Why BB? Tried and tested technology and very easy to use... Windows Mobile not as reliable (I have heard), plus who really wants to work on MS Office docs on a tiny handheld? Reviewing fine, and the BB does this well enough for me. Plus, the Pearl is kinda nice!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Decile welcome to the stacks!! Its a great forum and you will find everything you need for your BB Pearl right here.

For me I bought my BB on a whim. I came from at Samsung T809. It's a great phone, but it had issues with lint getting under the screen. One of my pet peeves. Enough about that though. I went to the TMO store just looking around maybe to get a new phone basically just browsing. I did have a few customers with the Pearl and I did take a look at theirs, but thought nothing of it. While at the store, I said hell with it and got the Pearl. I work for Caribou Coffee, a coffee chain that started up here in Minneapolis, MN. I'm just a lowly barista, but I know all the big wigs use BB's. I just use mine for SMS, internet and phone. Since I've had it I don't know what I did without it

About the sidekick, had a few friends with them and I never really liked them. Just because of the sheer size of it. I know they've gotten smaller, still too big for me. I needed something that fits in my pocket, and I can't stand the holster. So the pearl was a perfect fit. Now my friends with the sidekicks will soon be BB converts!!!

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Hi! I had a sidekick 2 until a couple of days ago. When I first got the sidekick I thought it was great as I'd never had a phone with internet facility, and I loved the way.the screen swivelled around. But after a while it got boring and the functions that it was lacking that I thought I could live without I realised that I couldn't. I had looked at BB's before but I didn't like the sizes of them-going from one bulky phone to another, and then the pearl came out! TMO UK are usually quite slow in.releasing great phones, but as soon as it came out I got it. I've got the Pearl, and I can't put it down! I'm using it 4 personal emailing & web browsing. It's 100% better ghan my sidekick 2, and the sidekick 3 too as it seems! I never leave home without my pearl...whereas I didn't mind leaving my sk2 at home!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Decile, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Buk_eye01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E85DB9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to the stack!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello decile, welcome to pinstack. There are so many things I do with my BB, things that are productive for work, and things that are just for fun. Either way I know you will enjoy the BB.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    One of the BIG reasons why I switched from the SK3 to Pearl - BATTERY LIFE. Blackberry has one of the best battery life out there in my experience. The best from any phone I've ever used.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    welcome to pinstack.

i got into my first blackberry because i had no choice. my nextel i860 broke and my buddy had a nextel blackberry he said he would give me. little did i know that it would become such a huge "assistant" in my life. im now a blackberry nerd/addict.

and right now im going to school to finish becoming a professional land surveyor so i can officially startup my company.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Decile
    So a few days ago I traded my Sidekick 3 in for a Pearl, I was within my 14 days after extending my contract and such, I bought the sidekick 3 thinking it would be a great phone for the price, fully customizable, etc. Only to find out the screen has very low resolution and looks very washed out, and everything is locked out, you can't customzie anything, load your own apps, themes, etc, anything to do with the Sidekick you have to go threw the Download Catalog and download it, it didn't even come preloaded with a calculator or an alarm, you had to download them, and all the downloads cost around 5-6$, so I was pretty dissapointed about that, you couldn't even use the mp3s you loaded as ringtones, you had to buy them. >.<

But I'm extremely happy with the Pearl so far, being the computer nerd that I am everything is customizable almost, and you can load your own apps, ringtones, etc, the camera is 100% better then the Sidekick, and the screen makes the sidekicks screen look black and white, the browser is 100% faster and the phone is just amazing.

But my question is, what do you all use your Blackberrys for, and why a blackberry? I noticed there alot more popular than I thought.
    welcome to the stacks, I didnt buy my blackberry for any specific purpose but it just comes in handy...I can get and send e-mails on the go, check bank info, get directions via blackberry/google maps, search the web...so basically even without a need the blackberry has just made everything more convenient for me

lazer1985 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204c8fa8
    welcome to pinstack. any ?'s dont hesitate to ask some one will be more than happy to answer