Hello All, I just got my pearl yesterday and LOVE IT. I have been reading ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bzaid23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Network RIM error and other issues regarding GMAIL

Advertisement

Hello All,

I just got my pearl yesterday and LOVE IT. I have been reading tons of posts today about certain items and I have a few questions. You all have been very helpful.

First of all, this network error "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server " started when I requested two of my contacts to be blackberry messenger partners. Once I sent them the request I started getting this error. I have read a few different ways of stopping this but I am not sure how to do it still. I am a verizon wireless customer. Please advise.

Also,

I use the IMAP function on Gmail and have not set up my blackberry email because I do not want it. Whenever I write an email from Gmail, it also shows up as a new message in my messages on the Pearl, how can I stop this from happening. (this reminds me though that whenever i write an email in google from the google website, it also shows up on my inbox on Microsoft Outlook) This hasnt bothered me much because i delete the emails on outlook when I get home, but now I hate that it shows up on my Pearl.

Please help me so I am not deleting the message I typed two times.

Thank you

BZ

This is the email address the error comes from network@etp1106.etp.na.blackberry.net
    Last edited by bzaid23; 02-07-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Errors

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Network RIM error and other issues regarding GMAIL

Ok first of all the message you're getting is because you tried to activate the Enterprise Activation.

Let me ask you if your phone is for work? If not then you don't need to activate the Enterprise. That's strictly for BES servers. Corporate stuff. So if not then delete those messages and you should be fine.

Secondly

You will need to setup your Blackberry email since every email you setup is tied to BIS i.e. (your blackberry email). IF you havent then go to this site and do so. http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Once you've set that up. Then you will need to go into your Gmail address and add a filter.

Should be set like this......

From "yourname@gmail.com"

check the box so it won't forward to your device.

So that should get rid of the double emails...the reason is because Gmail doesn't use a file system, they just use tags.

Good luck hope this helps.

Thanks for your help but regarding the error message, deleting them is simply not working. I tried to reinstall my desktop manager and resend service books but it is still happening. I woke up this morning to 15 error emails throughout the night.

BTW, thanks for the filter answer, I have done that and it works. What a relief!!!!

BZ

dfa
    dfa no está en línea Stack level 2

When installing desktop manager make sure that you selected blackberry internet service not enterprise server. By selecting the bes set up you also download the redirector which you probably don't need.

thanks,

Now, what do I do if I want to at some point in the future connect to my email at work that is an exchange email account through outlook? will I then need to switch to a BES or Redirect?