okay here is a couple of questions.. i am using t-mobile blackberry pearl 8100, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anubis_slamat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21773AAE

Network provider

Advertisement

okay here is a couple of questions..

i am using t-mobile blackberry pearl 8100, and i want to go to another network wich supports bb solution, it is located in my country, both of them....
    i got the network key from t-mobile to use my other providers sim card...
    question:
    1. how to use that number
    2. if i activate will I be able to recive bb solution beacuse bb has been bought in a t-mobile offer
    3. my browsers cookies are disabled how to do that( already done restore to defaults in browser)...but it still doesnt work

if anybody knows please tell me...i would be very grateful

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    ok here we go,
    tmobile did not buy blackberry,
    i cant tell what providers are in your country as you make no mention of that in your post of profile

as far as using the unlock code there are threads for that here
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...l_8100_a-7488/
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

PIN/ID
    21773AAE
    momentarely using t-mobile, but the network that i want to use is " vip "..

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    anubis, To clarify for you, if you unlock your T-Mobile 8100 you should be able to use the phone on any GSM network in the world and take advantage of any features that that carrier offers. (I assume that the "network key" that you mentioned in your 1st post is the unlock key from T-Mobile.) You can unlock your phone whether you change carriers or not - it doesn't make any difference and once unlocked it will always be unlocked.

Follow the instructions pointed to by Crazy_Cajin above for the unlock process. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    21773AAE
    i got the network key..at least that is what they told me but the number when i enter it does nothing.. the number is 21901 if it has any meaning...can you help me wich number i have to ask and will they give it to me...is that number universal or special for each cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by anubis_slamat View Post
    i got the network key..at least that is what they told me but the number when i enter it does nothing.. the number is 21901 if it has any meaning...can you help me wich number i have to ask and will they give it to me...is that number universal or special for each cell phone
    What you need to ask for is the unlock code for your phone. You'll have to provide the IMEI number to them and, if they will do it, they generate a 10-digit number for you to use in the unlock process listed above.

Your IMEI number can be found at menu>status. Don't post it on the forums - only give it to your carrier for the purpose of unlocking your phone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    21773AAE
    thank you jblackfish for the help...can i go to a t-mobile center and ask them for that code?

Quote Originally Posted by anubis_slamat View Post
    thank you jblackfish for the help...can i go to a t-mobile center and ask them for that code?
    You should be able to do that or you could call them and ask for it. Good luck. The only requirement for T-Mobile is that you have to have been a customer for 90 days.

BTW, it might be a good idea to leave out the part about you want to go to another carrier.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-14-2008 at 02:17 PM.