Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just bought a blackberry pearl and it has already froze on me several times ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

charles_316 no está en línea Stack level 1

neone having problem with phone freezing?

Advertisement

i just bought a blackberry pearl and it has already froze on me several times when doing misc. things with it... i had to pull out the battery to reset it as pressing the buttons didnt do anything

anyone else experiencing this?

charles_316 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: neone having problem with phone freezing?

btw, i decided to upgrade to v4.2.1.94 from rogers and it has already froze once...

ne ideas?

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I have had mine freeze a few times...it will happen from time to time.. used to happen almost every day with my Treo so im used to it.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

qbanhotsauce70 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

This section is relaly helpful THANKS!!

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Ha, i had never had a problem with freezing until i put rogers 1.94 on my pearl, i have since upgraded to AT&T 1.96 about a week or so ago and havent had it freeze on me since... i highly recommend the upgrade

heres a link:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_t_4_2_a.html

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by charles_316
    i just bought a blackberry pearl and it has already froze on me several times when doing misc. things with it... i had to pull out the battery to reset it as pressing the buttons didnt do anything

anyone else experiencing this?
    What are you exactly doing when it's freezing up? It's shouldn't happen. I mean it takes a while when you first start up the device to get everything up and running but after that it shouldn't be freezing unless you're doing something super labor intensive.

Maybe you should clear out some messages or your browser cache? Do you have a MicroSD card or are you saving things to your device memory and using that up?

It would help us a lot if you filled out your profile so we could help you further.

Good luck
    ~red
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-26-2007 at 06:36 AM.

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB

mine freezes all the time too... and i just thought my phone was defective!
    ~*TJ*~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Mine does also... Sometimes it gets very close to be smashed into the wall...

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Charles, by any chance is T Mobile your carrier.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Sometimes I think it has a lot to do with how many 3rd party apps and themes you have on your phone, as well as how much music, videos or pics you have saved on your memory card. Sometimes when I have the hourglass of death repeatedly I'll delete a theme I don't use often and that seems to solve the issue. I actually had that happen last night after I downloaded an HTML viewer for my email...after I deleted a theme everything was running smoothly again.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

My Pearl hasn't frozen for a few months... Then again, I use it mainly for email / PDA / Phone. Thanks to the Stacks, I've been surfing the internet more, but I have never used it for media at all. I think I've taken maybe 10 pictures in the six months I've owned it.

I wonder if it's an issue of the multimedia applications? The Pearl was one of RIMs first forays into media and therefore, the apps are newer. Their PDA / Phone / EMail apps have been around a long time and have the bugs worked out of them.

But I'm just speculating. Since I don't have problems and I don't use media, I just kinda put those two facts together.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

If you want my opinion, blame 3rd party apps. I try almost all of the popular apps that so many stackers recommend. Some of them cause problems the moment they are installed. Other cause seemingly unrelated probelms down the road. However, the trend I have seen is that the 3rd party apps are to blame for most of the problems we are seeing.

I hate to pick on any specific developer, however, how many of you use Softreset? This immediately caused a number of problems including repeated lock ups. The problems disappeared immediately upon removal as well. I love Colorpearl and I'll agree the dev does good work, however Softreset is certainly not bug free.

I would try looking for a common theme between you guys that are experiencing lock ups.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    If you want my opinion, blame 3rd party apps. I try almost all of the popular apps that so many stackers recommend. Some of them cause problems the moment they are installed. Other cause seemingly unrelated probelms down the road. However, the trend I have seen is that the 3rd party apps are to blame for most of the problems we are seeing.

I hate to pick on any specific developer, however, how many of you use Softreset? This immediately caused a number of problems including repeated lock ups. The problems disappeared immediately upon removal as well. I love Colorpearl and I'll agree the dev does good work, however Softreset is certainly not bug free.

I would try looking for a common theme between you guys that are experiencing lock ups.
    AGREED!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I can get on board with that too. I have a few 3rd party apps and never have problems. Perhaps that can help to eliminate which ones are giving some of you grief.

On my Pearl for the last 4 months or so have been: Google Maps, Beyond411, BBWeather and SoftReset. Recently, I've added the Pinstack BB Shortcut app and still have had no problems.

I will say that I don't use SoftReset very much and once or twice strange things have happened when I did.

What 3rd party apps are you all running where you're having problems?

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

The only app ive ever had problems with is Opera, every so often it would lock up durring "processing..." but since i ugraded from rogers 1.94 to att 1.96 thats pretty much stopped, (i hope) and just the other day i downloaded the blinkberry trial... it started acting weird and i couldnt get it to work so i deleted it before things got out of hand...

as far as the third party apps on my phone go i have
    Opera 3.1, Opera 4, Gmail, Google maps, Beyond 411, Jive Talk, Stopwatch, The IM+ beta, ColorPearl, and a number of other games. Opera is the only one ive ever had problems with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast