I am still having trouble with images that are transferred from my digital camera to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dburk406 no está en línea Stack level 1

Needing help transferring images from my digital camera Please

Advertisement

I am still having trouble with images that are transferred from my digital camera to the pearl...I have an image that is about 900K that was taken from my digital camera...i transferred it to my micro sd card via the desktop software included with the pearl...the problems I am having are when viewing the image on the pearl...the thumbnail image is very grainy...when I view the image, it appears grainy at first (like it is very low quality)...When I zoom in, it is grainy for the first two or three zooms...after I zoom the fourth time, the image clears up and looks great...but it only looks clear when I zoom in really close...when I can see the entire picture, it appears fuzzy and grainy...you can imagine my frustration...other than that, I love my pearl...(well, except for an echo of my voice when I'm on the phone)...I would like to be able to show pictures that are stored on my phone to other people, but it is too much of a pain right now...i was told to resize my images, but to be honest, I don't want to have to do that with every image that I transfer from my computer...the images that came preloaded are crystal clear...
    I can return the phone within the next week or so if I choose...I am with Cingular...I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue, or if maybe I have a defective pearl and should replace it with a new one...I am having problems with every image transferred from my computer, and these same images were crystal clear when viewed on the last "smartphone" I had (it was a motorola mpx220...I just wanted to see if anyone else has transferred images from their digital camera to the pc and then to their pearl and encountered this same problem...or if I have a defective pearl...I apologize for the "novel", but I want to get this resolved...and I hope this is not a general pearl problem because I want to keep the pearl rather than having to go with another phone...thanks for any help and suggestions in advance...
    Also, if anyone has had issues with the echo and gotten it resolved or know anything about it, then please help me out with that...thanks...

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Needing help transferring images from my digital camera Please

Quote Originally Posted by dburk406
    I am still having trouble with images that are transferred from my digital camera to the pearl...I have an image that is about 900K that was taken from my digital camera...i transferred it to my micro sd card via the desktop software included with the pearl...the problems I am having are when viewing the image on the pearl...the thumbnail image is very grainy...when I view the image, it appears grainy at first (like it is very low quality)...When I zoom in, it is grainy for the first two or three zooms...after I zoom the fourth time, the image clears up and looks great...but it only looks clear when I zoom in really close...when I can see the entire picture, it appears fuzzy and grainy...you can imagine my frustration...other than that, I love my pearl...(well, except for an echo of my voice when I'm on the phone)...I would like to be able to show pictures that are stored on my phone to other people, but it is too much of a pain right now...i was told to resize my images, but to be honest, I don't want to have to do that with every image that I transfer from my computer...the images that came preloaded are crystal clear...
    I can return the phone within the next week or so if I choose...I am with Cingular...I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue, or if maybe I have a defective pearl and should replace it with a new one...I am having problems with every image transferred from my computer, and these same images were crystal clear when viewed on the last "smartphone" I had (it was a motorola mpx220...I just wanted to see if anyone else has transferred images from their digital camera to the pc and then to their pearl and encountered this same problem...or if I have a defective pearl...I apologize for the "novel", but I want to get this resolved...and I hope this is not a general pearl problem because I want to keep the pearl rather than having to go with another phone...thanks for any help and suggestions in advance...
    Also, if anyone has had issues with the echo and gotten it resolved or know anything about it, then please help me out with that...thanks...
    i havent had that problem, i guess casue i always change the file size of the pic...seeing how the pearl has only a 1.3megapixil camera....i dont know if the camera has anything to do with out put of your pic....you can do a google search for "infran" if your familar with myspace you undersand what im talking about...it is a program that will let you change your pic size...you can change a 8 mega pixil photo to a small 300 or kb, which in turn should show up better on your pearl...if you have any trouble just yell back...
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

No need to apologize for the "novel" lol but maybe break it up into a few paragraphs next time so its a little more aesthetically pleasing

Not sure exactly how the phone views these pictures but you are trying to view a large photo on a 240x260 screen.

Just how an image gets distorted when you blow it up too large same thing happens when you make it too small. I imagine that when you zoom in you are making the entire pic larger hence getting closer to the original image size and it coming in clearer... make sense?

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Try reducing the resolution of the image or cropping the image in a photo editor. The image taken from the camera might be too large for the Pearl. Like dfc420 said, resolution of the Pearl is only 240x260, as most cameras now-a-days are 8.1MP take pictures at much higher resolutions e.g. 3264 x 2448. That is double the size of the resolution I have my computer set at.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you are trying to view a picture that has a 1280x1024 size (pretty standard for Digital Cameras) on a screen that has a max capability of 260x240 (Pearl rotated for aspect ratio match) you are only going to be able to display about 1 out of every 5 Pixels in each direction. This is really going to make it look grainy, as you found out. The loss of 4 pixels for every one shown just does that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

If its not a private/personal picture, why not post one that gets grainy so we can try it. I'd tell you if it does the same on my Pearl and if so then no need to return yours, they are all defective

I agree with what people have been saying is the likely cause. Showing a HUGE picture reduced to 260x240 might cause some graininess.

Bill