Hi guys, im a newbee over here.. I recently purchased 8120 of AT&T written on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lokesh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Need Urgent help with 8120

Advertisement

Hi guys, im a newbee over here..

I recently purchased 8120 of AT&T written on it and when i ON it , it shows AT & T , although , its unlocked i guess, coz i purchased here in india.

I have an Airtel sim, which i put in it & it works perfectly alright with calls ,sms.

I am having certain issues

1.Although there is no BB browser icon on main screen , but when i switch app, i do see browser, but says "no browser configuration service book entries. pl contact service provider to enable browser on ur device"
    , how to resove ?

2.When i goto general properties of browser , i get "uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" , how to resove ?

3. I when i do About - It shows me BB 8100 v 4.2.1.96 platform2.3.0.78 etc..
    so is it really a 8120 BB or 8100 ?

4.When i try to OS upgrade from bharti Airtel link - which links to BB site and i downloaded , installed latest DM 4.3, then installed bharti exe and deleted vendor.xml, connected my BB , it show it needs upgrade to 4.3 OS , when i tried to install through Applications Loader, it gave me "net.rim.platform.ecmascript" in almost all updates.

how do i resolve it pls help. im stuck n feel like lost..

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    You need a data plan. Once you get that, you'll get the service books that will give you your Browser icons and hopefully stop the error you're gettings.

I've never heard of a way to force the OS for one model onto another, although it might be able to be done. Try using Jl_Cmder to wipe everything off the device and then try loading the correct OS.

Before you wipe use JL_Cmder to get the device info. If the Vendor ID is 102, that's AT&T. Try downloading their OS from here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    and don't delete vendor.xml.
    JerryD

PIN/ID

Question

thnx for quick reply ,

But will tht lock the phone again?
    I had wifi not working but i can ON/OFF , Camera is 2mp , so definitely its 8120 n not 8100 , but OS version says 8100.

Can u elaborate how can i reload correct OS ?
    Last edited by lokesh; 04-13-2008 at 09:11 AM.

PIN/ID
    im getting "email setup application cannot be loaded" now im stuck up with 507 error . how do i make my BB working . I m totally gone. pl ny body help pls .

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Upgrading the OS or themes BlackBerry will not relock a BB. The 8100 does not have WiFi. The 8120 DOES have WiFi. To get rid of the 507 you will need to reload the DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM. It's different depending on which 81xx model you have.

PIN/ID
    i got 8100 then, there was no where written in manual or phone is 8100 or 8120 only when i went thru forums , i came to know now its 8100.Ahhhh.

I posted things in 8120.. my sincere apologies..