I recently updated my OS to 4.5.0.55 via Parallels on my Mac. Everything worked fine ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Need to Re-install BB Messenger

Advertisement

I recently updated my OS to 4.5.0.55 via Parallels on my Mac. Everything worked fine except when I tried to restore my backed-up files, BB Messenger and Password Keeper did not reinstall on my phone. I tried to download BB Messenger from the BB site, but the most recent version I could find was for OS 4.0/4.1. (I haven't even tried to find the Password App yet) Any suggestions? An OTA download would be awesome, but I don't think that's available after 4.2...
    Please help!!

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    With a PC you can cirumvent the problem with desktop manager, however I don't think that there is a way with the Mac. I admit that I don't have much experience with Mac, but I have never seen a program that will allow to add/remove progs from a berry.

I would check out the blackberry support section on their site and see if the blackberry technical knowlege center has any additional help.

Sorry, not much help I know.

PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    With Paralles, I can run windows xp on my Mac. I have desktop manager 4.5 installed... just can't find a version of BB Messenger that will work with OS 4.5. Any Help??

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Do you have a back up from before the O/S upgrade? (not the loader back up)

If you do you should be able to reload that and it should install. I ran into a similar problem with a few apps that I bought. If that doesn't work, you can wipe the device clean, send service books to get the apps back. Then reload all your info from the back up file and it should be able to keep it.

It's a long work around, but I know it works.

PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    I'm considering wiping the device and resending the service books because I no longer have the back-up files (it's a long story). How would you recommend me wiping the device? I can resend the service books via BIS login on the web, correct? This is ok to do with 4.5, correct? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    To Wipe the device:
    Options>security options>general settings>menu>"wipe handheld"

There are two ways to get service books that should work for you:
    1. The BIS login....or
    2. options>advanced options>host routing table> select entry in bold face print with the menu key> register now.

Sometimes after a wipe the BIS login gives me problems because the phone comes at the system as if it were a new device. It doesn't always send the service books.

The host routing table usually does the trick!

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    oh, and as far as doing this with 4.5....don't worry about it. It works fine. I have done it way too many times

PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    Thanks natesax7, you've been a BIG help... I'll try in as soon as I have time later... I will keep you posted on the success.

PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    I wiped the BB as per your instructions. I went the host routing table route and still no BB Messenger... (
    I'm lost. What about the JLCommander? Is that even worth a shot if wiping the unit didn't work??
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    JL_cmndr will completely wipe your device INCLUDING the OS. You'd then obviously need to a complete install again. Kind of a drastic measure to get BB messenger and Password Keeper back on your device. All the device wipe did was remove data, applications, etc. Your OS is still intact.

Try connecting your device, launching DM and click on the Application Loader button. Don't have it in front of me right now, but you should be able to step through the App Loader and find the messenger and password apps in the applications list to see of those boxes were unchecked when you did the upgrade. If so, check the boxes and then follow through to reinstall them on your device.

PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    Hey RoGro! That did the trick... but I decided to "borrow" my wife's work laptop and I installed the DM on there. Everything worked like a charm on there... I'm guessing maybe I have a glitch in my Parallels program that doesn't allow all the functionality in DM that a true windows-based OS allows. I love my Mac, but having one sure makes situations like I just had difficult to deal with. I wish RIM would show us Mac users the same love that PC users get. One thing's for sure, I'd give up my blackberry (gasp!) before my Mac-- are you listening, RIM??? ha ha. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now... Thanks a MILLION RoGro and NateSax7 for your help. The Stacks rock because of people like you!!!