Hoping someone can help with this one. It's driving me crazy! I bought a "Demo ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kj_226 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ?

Need to get rid of Desktop email icon

Advertisement

Hoping someone can help with this one. It's driving me crazy! I bought a "Demo Model" 8100 Pearl from a shop here in Australia on e-bay to upgrade from my work supplied 7100. Obviously it was pre-owned rather than a demo as I had to delete stuff like Address book and emails. No problem there and after installing my sim card and entering our enterprise password, my BB was all synch'd with my work PC etc. Only issue is, there's an icon next to my 'messages' icon for another email folder with another person's (previous owner I presume) email address.

The icon is the standard email icon with the browser logo over the bottom right corner of the envelope. I've tried everything to delete it and can't. I'd like to delete this email folder(?) and hopefully add my personal email account to add to my work email which is controlled by our enterprise server.

Is there anything I can do or can it be managed by our IT guys at work? (on public holiday so keen to do it myself if possible).

This is also the first forum message I've ever sent so thatshould tell you how keen I am to get rid of this icon.

Thanks,

kyle

kj_226 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ?

Re: Need to get rid of Desktop email icon

Thanks, that worked! In service book, I had to delete the Desktop and the email address I was trying to get rid of to finally remove the icon. I did make a little mistake and have deleted 3 of the email options like filters etc but it hasn't affected my email and can leave it for our work IT support to see if they can restore them. Any tips though would be greatfully accepted. Cheers mate, kyle.