Hello, I have a BB 8100 that has a bad screen (one can not see ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

Need to Default & delete all Info from 8100

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a BB 8100 that has a bad screen (one can not see anything on the screen). T-Mobile has sent me a new 8100 and I picked it up from the store (I didn't want a refurbished one). The new one is up and running fine. I need to delete all my info and data from the 8100 and get it back to factory. The retail location could not do it or figure out how to do it. I can not send the old one back, since it has client info and personal information on it. I do not wish to send it back without knowing for 100% that all data was deleted. I would rather just pay for the new 8100 than to take a chance with the confidential information.

So can I go into the desktop top manager and delete everything that way? If so how should I do it. Do I have to insert my old sim into the phone? Will connecting to the old 8100 mess up my new 8100 settings? Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Need to Default & delete all Info from 8100

HI,
    I would use the jl_cmder app to wipe your bb. Here's the link:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452
    Desktop manager has to be close to use this app..

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I wonder if u could just remove your OS with out reinstalling it again and if that would do what u want. I never tired it thou, but interesting

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

hi pearl go to options then security options then general settings once general settings open push meneu then wipe handheld that will clear pearl completely.