Hi i've always had this problem with my 8120, but i recently bought a 8110 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

need some help with my 8120, video problem

Advertisement

Hi i've always had this problem with my 8120, but i recently bought a 8110 aswell and i was recording video files fine, i was messing around with a couple of 8gb cards that i have a reformatted the one in the 8110 and now that is not recording the video files anywhere i'm at a complete loss on what to do, even though i reformat it the files that were on it are still on it and there not gone which i thought should happen, i've messed around with the settings and still no joy, the 8120 now shows a problem that shows 'failed to start recording.'' and the 8110 led flashes red and it goes through the motions but doesnt save the video to any folder on the BB.

any help as i feel its something i have done rather than the phone is broken.

the settings i currently have are.
    media card support - on
    encryption mode - security password
    mass storage mode support - on
    auto enable mass storage - prompt

i've tried reformatting it, clicking the remove card from the menu and reapplying it and still no joy, ive tried hardsetting it and it still doesnt record.

thought i better add that taking a picture works fine onto the device memory!
    Last edited by stolt; 07-07-2008 at 10:24 AM.

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    think i might have sorted it now, i have reformatted one 8gb card on the 8110 and now its blank it is showing the full space available but if i take the card out and put it back in it wont record again so would need to be reformatted which is a bit of pain. i havent tried this with the 8120 yet as i need to back up the info on it before i can reformat also noticed that when you click on the video camera/settings on the 8110 it shows the folder that the videos are to be recorded as
    ...berry/videos/phone vids/
    whereas the 8120 shows ...rd/blackberry/videos/phone vids

i will keep going to see how i get on...