I was removing some unused apps off my pearl i loaded up desktop manager check ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2

need some help right quick

Advertisement

I was removing some unused apps off my pearl i loaded up desktop manager check the unwanted, then hit next. the progress bar stopd about 3/4 of the way and has not moved for about a hour now. what do i do to fix this with out missing up my pearl

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

Re: need some help right quick

Is your pearl ok? Is it working and only DM is stuck? Or is your pearl stuck off also? I would un-install Desktop manager the re-install the give it a whirl. Mine was messed up after I updated to the new OS, had to re-install and then it worked like a charm

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2

everrything has been fine till today. it looks like it is stuck removing a app would it be ok if i unplug usb. would this hurt my phone

PIN/ID
    256C11B1

What does the screen on your pearl look like? is it frozen also?

PIN/ID
    256C11B1

to be honest you dont have much of a choice. I would unplug it and if you lose anything, there are about 1,000 people on this site that can help you get it back. I bet the re-install of the desktop manger will solve your issue. but before you un-install try to load or delete an application again. It sounds like a small glitch that froze it up real quick.
    Last edited by thestewside; 10-10-2007 at 03:21 PM.

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

Does the Pearl's screen still show the -connected to the computer- cartoon? If not, you can unplug it safely. If so, and it really seems frozen, I don't think unplugging can damage anything irreparably. I'd just reboot your computer, do a battery-pull on your Pearl, and then software update again. I've found the DM software to be a bit flakey in the past too. Just my two cents.

Cheers!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~