I have a t mo pearl. My faves issue. One of my picture contacts is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Need some help please!

Advertisement

I have a t mo pearl. My faves issue. One of my picture contacts is gone. Just a blue dot. Did battery pull. Did a my faves refresh. Nothing! Also... My pictures for my faves are screwed up too. Correct number and name but wrong picture. Anyone please help

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Re: Need some help please!

Hey JefferyC,
    Yeah....I have A tmob/Myfavs too...and When I changed one of mine another one got deleted on my phone but it showed the correct one deleted online...

Anyway after a long story I did all of what you did and then i called up TMOB and they sent out an "update?" i guess to my phone that fixed my favs. So my recomendation is to call up TMOB and have them fix it for yah- Aber

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

hopefully resending down by t-mobile fixes it for you, but if it doesn't (and fooling around with changing names/pictures and battery pulls) then you're gonna have to do a backup then phone wipe. the fave5 is notorious for having that problem. has happened to many of us on the board. some were lucky and getting settings resent down worked, but most of us had to do the wipe and restore.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually I called T Mobile yesterday and they are sending me a new Pearl. I just pay like 16 bucks to get it here quick. They recomend that I do the backup and then do a master reset before sending it back. I just worry that I will lose all my settings and all my favorite bookmarks on the opera browser. Can someone reassure me I won't?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you do a backup, all your settings should be fine when you restore. In older OS you had to start from scratch. You should be ok. You could test it by backing up, deleting a bookmark, and the restoring and seeing if it shows back up after restore?
    Good luck!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You should be set with the exception of third party apps which will not save in a backup.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    Actually I called T Mobile yesterday and they are sending me a new Pearl. I just pay like 16 bucks to get it here quick.
    I guess that works too, but if that was the reason you sent in your pearl then it was kinda a waste seeing it wasn't broken. you can click search and put in 'fave5' and you will find a lot of similar stories to yours (including mine) where the fix was a wipe/restore. the fave5 software is kinda buggy so it glitches once in a while for no particular reason.

After the one time I've never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    You should be set with the exception of third party apps which will not save in a backup.
    that would probably include your Mini's bookmarks.