Hey folks. I am a HEAVY data user. I'm also in and out of coverage ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Need power solutions

Advertisement

Hey folks. I am a HEAVY data user. I'm also in and out of coverage all day long, so my 8100 is constantly polling for towers. I looked into the extended life battery, but since I own a case and holster and don't like the idea of buying NEW ones to accomidate the bigger size a larger battery would bring. I also saw a review for the crank charger, which seemed like an awesome concept, but after 15 minutes of cranking and listening to that infernal noise, only minimal charge was attained. I often work where there are no wall outlets or cigarette plugs, so travel chargers are not a reliable option. So I'm lost. Tell me, Stackers, what has been YOUR power solution. I need the input of other BB marathoners, so if you use your BB only every 5th Tuesday....
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Need power solutions

you could try adjusting the network settings so that it only accepts strong signals instead of weak ones that way you wouldn't be searching for signals so much since your phone will only look for a signal with adequate power behind it otherwise it shuts down the radio search...hope this helps

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I got the seidio battery with the extra 15% to it for my 8320. Did not need a bigger case and seems to be just the extra bit I needed.

Do you have access to a PC? You could take a USB cable to charge with.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I have a desktop charger with an extra battery slot and keep the extra battery charged at all times. I swap them out throughout the day when needed or if I know I'm going to be out of the office the next day, I take the extra battery with me. It has helped tremendously and I don't have to try and keep conversations short or keep data usage to a minimum to make sure my phone lasts all day.

Good luck and I hope that helps...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Yeah, see that's the trouble. It's usually a pain to find a outlet or usb where I work. My battery has gotten to the point where 45 mins after I take it off the charger, I lose a tick off the meter... called tmo and they said i was past the 90 day battery warranty...
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

j33t3rz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b45e8f

i would buy an extra battery and keep the phone in standby mode

freakinprince no está en línea Stack level 2

do you have it attached to you on your pants while you are working?

cause i just started my new job and i have my pearl attached to my pants....and for some freakin reason the batteries drain out like nuts..it only lasted a day...and i had to charge it all th time....hwoever today i decided to take it off and leave it on my table...and the battery is kept constant full.... i wonder why and i believe its the same as yours where its trying to pull it self to search for singals ....

so i would guess you should have it hanging out somwhere or left it at one place so that way the sginal is at one spot and strong enough.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

freakin, that's interesting, but most of the time it's on the desk in front of me. i think the spare battery is probably going to be the way to go, but is standby mode really going to have that much effect?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

if you have a case with a sleeper magnet in it, it may help also.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr