Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone, need a micro sd card for my paerl, I am with tmobile. How ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

theengel no está en línea Stack level 1

Need micro sd, wich one?

Advertisement

Hi everyone, need a micro sd card for my paerl, I am with tmobile. How do I know which one to get that will fit my phone. ANy ideas> Id appreciete links to order the proper one as well . Thanks

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Need micro sd, wich one?

any microsd card will work, I use a sandisk, but brand does not matter as long as it is "micro" you are good
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

and i'd suggest springing the few extra bucks and getting the sd adapter, that way you can put your microsd card into SD sized gadgets too (like digital cameras/card readers/etc.)

mikey89052 no está en línea Stack level 1

I would recommend going on e-bay and getting it, I got a 2gig SD card for $45 including shipping.

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just got my 2G from sandisk via Amazon today. Works perfectly. I highly recommend.

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

I won't do your shopping for you, but here's some stuff to get you started...

a 1GB MicroSD can be had from Kingston for $10.95 http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/ki...o-sd-card.html

2GB cards can be found for around $35 these days, though you can find lower prices with a some searching...

one thing to keep in mind when looking for cheap prices, is that the MicroSD card format is also referred to as "TransFlash"

also - be wary of shipping prices... the meritline link above has free shipping, but some deals (like a '$5' card on Amazon) often have inflated shipping costs as high as $8 that make the vendor more expensive than other sites.... I generally don't trust these sellers too much, since they often ship the item at a much cheaper cost than what they charge - a rather dishonest practice.

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Got my Sandisk 2gb yesterday from Amazon for $40 out the door. Worked fine yesterday night when I transferred about 1.2gb worth of music and videos to it.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I paid $49.99 plus shipping for a 2GB Micro SD with Adapter. I received it yesterday evening, this thing is great I have a Couple of Movies, TV shows, Music Videos and Music and still have around 350MB left!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

how much truth is there to most cards are made by the same manufactures and just stamped with different names? Online prices are seriously like 60% less than any stores around here for me. The only cheap store ones are no name brands. Should that matter, or should I just buy online? I guess I could wait for it to be shipped if necessary to get a great deal.

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

SanDisk 2 gb Micro ... TMO Pearl user .... running it under the new OS .71.... WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

celljunkie10 no está en línea Stack level 1

I like sandisk since they have a lifetime warranty

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    how much truth is there to most cards are made by the same manufactures and just stamped with different names? Online prices are seriously like 60% less than any stores around here for me. The only cheap store ones are no name brands. Should that matter, or should I just buy online? I guess I could wait for it to be shipped if necessary to get a great deal.
    Many manufacturers contract out the production process to other companies, and sometimes the excess productions of a factor are sold to generic vendors at a cheap price to move the product... however - among the popular name brands, they are not all made out of the same factory, but the quality is pretty much equal among them.

my advice: buy online unless you absolutely need it tomorrow.

spend 10 minutes looking around to make sure you are getting a good deal (around $10 for a 1GB, or around $35 for a 2GB), and aim for a manufacturer that advertises a lifetime warranty (most of them do).

I have 3 MicroSD cards at this point, a 1GB Adata, 1GB Sandisk, and a 2GB Kingston, and other than the size difference, I can't honestly tell you which is which without looking at the name on the card, because they all perform the same - like a memory card should!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by lux
    Many manufacturers contract out the production process to other companies, and sometimes the excess productions of a factor are sold to generic vendors at a cheap price to move the product... however - among the popular name brands, they are not all made out of the same factory, but the quality is pretty much equal among them.

my advice: buy online unless you absolutely need it tomorrow.

spend 10 minutes looking around to make sure you are getting a good deal (around $10 for a 1GB, or around $35 for a 2GB), and aim for a manufacturer that advertises a lifetime warranty (most of them do).

I have 3 MicroSD cards at this point, a 1GB Adata, 1GB Sandisk, and a 2GB Kingston, and other than the size difference, I can't honestly tell you which is which without looking at the name on the card, because they all perform the same - like a memory card should!
    Thanks for the help LUX. I'll just scoop one online because I don't need it tomorrow. I can wait.

txstattoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Need micro sd, wich one?

is there someplace that will show you how to put the sd card in, i got the scandisk microsd and i can't get it to fit.

txstattoo no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, never mind, call me stupid. duh, i just needed to put the card in the holder, instead of trying to put it in the slot and then closing the holder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast