Hi there im having trouble setting up a couple of things on the 8100. ok ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jesus650 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help with my new BB 8100...

Advertisement

Hi there im having trouble setting up a couple of things on the 8100. ok first when i get a text message from the people on my fave 5 it shows the phone number but not the name, also it shows a plus sign ryt before the number? the other thing is when i get a text message the screen doesnt light up like when i get a call? also this is going to sound dumb but how do u switch over to the other call when u have someone on hold? last thing how do u make the phone vibrate and play the ringtone at the sametime? thats it for now, thanks for any help or suggestions!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    can't answer the first couple questions, but concerning switching to another caller, i get buttons on my phone that says something like "switch" or "ignore" (don't remember what the actual wording is) to either answer the other call or not. I think the other option is just to hit the green "send" button and it should switch over, and hit that button again to switch back, but I never used that, I just used the buttons on the screen.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jesus650, Welcome to PinStack.

For the + sign question, go to your Phone Options and check your Smart Dialling settings. I've heard of others having a similar problem with the Fav 5 numbers.

Don't know about the screen lighting up as I don't have a Pearl.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thanks for the help so far! but i still need help with the other things. also does anybody know where i can view a comprehensive manual for the BB 8100? i already saw the one thats on this site but it doesnt help me in anyway. well again thanks for any help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jesus, you can find all the technical information available on the Technical Knowledge Center Site.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is a comprehensive manual on the CD which came with your BlackBerry.

The screen will NEVER be illuminated for anything other than a phone call.

To change the notification, go in Profiles and edit the profile to meet your desires. When the pop-up is enabled, you will need to scroll down passed all the options to "Advanced".

The + symbol is definitive of SMS on GSM. You ought to save all your phone numbers in the +1xxxyyyzzzz format to ensure that they properly dialed and that your SMS messages will be delivered and received and that your Address Book can cross-reference properly. (Where: xxx = area code, yyy = exchange, zzzz = number.)

Lewis thanks for the help. one thing tho if i do change all the numbers to + symbol will this help to when i get a text message it will show their name instead of just the number?? thanks again.

i hate to bug again but when im on the phone talking to someone i can hear static or weird noise and its only on my side cause the person that im talking to cant hear it. now is this because possibly bad reception or i was reading around these forums that some sim cards were just bad and that replacing them fixed that problem. or should i do the tmobile update of software? thanks again for any input.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Didnt see anyone answer this one

"how do you make the phone vibrate and play the ringtone at the same time"

as of right now you can't, it will vibe then ring and repeat not at same time,

I don't know why because as far as I know most other phones can do this simultaneous.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The + symbol is definitive of SMS on GSM. You ought to save all your phone numbers in the +1xxxyyyzzzz format to ensure that they properly dialed and that your SMS messages will be delivered and received and that your Address Book can cross-reference properly. (Where: xxx = area code, yyy = exchange, zzzz = number.)

not sure why some people have this problem and others don't.

none of my contacts have a "+1" in front of them, yet i receive SMS messages just fine with the contact's name displayed.