Hi All, I have been lurking in the forum for a while and have found ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Need Help with browser

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have been lurking in the forum for a while and have found alot of good stuff, but now that I have a problem, it was time to join. I have been using blackberries for about a year, started with the 7920 and just got a pearl a few weeks ago. Once I got the pearl, everyone else had to get one, and now I'm stuck teaching everyone how to use their devices and troubleshooting their problems. I have one of their Pearl's (cingular), and the damned thing doesn't have the browser application. The internet works through medianet, and it has an internet plan. I tried to resend the packets through Host Routing Table, and keep getting the registration emails, I have email working (not BES, just blackberry internet), and everything else seems ok, but the browser app. never came to the phone. Cingular has been no help, so, now I have come here. I am using the internet from my tethered pearl (T-Mo) as we are all on vacation together to DL the cingular os update, but its just too large to download over the bb. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -David

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Need Help with browser

did you try resending the service book through the cingular website.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't know how to do it off the Cingular site. The closest thing I got to support from Cingular was the new os download I can't do while away. Further instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Dw

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

here is the link to cingular BIS
    http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

PIN/ID

Resent the service books, and tried the host routing table again after i sent the service books from the site, still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
    David

PIN/ID

what exactly is medianet? (something specific to cingular)...on the home screen make sure all the icons are showing (click menu on home screen and make sure there is a check mark next to show all)

PIN/ID

Medianet gives access to their crappy home page and acct info and that sort of stuff (like Tzones for Tmobile); and all the apps are being shown.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    Medianet gives access to their crappy home page and acct info and that sort of stuff (like Tzones for Tmobile); and all the apps are being shown.
    oh ok, go to options>advanced options>applications and see if the browser is listed there..oh and have you tried a battery pull?