Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Well, the unlocking is just part of the good news. You're also sporting a new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Well, the unlocking is just part of the good news. You're also sporting a new 4.5 OS which brings some new goodies to your device, like HTML e-mail viewing, Docs2Go (Microsoft Office document viewing and editing), bluetooth stereo music and an improved media player!

Oh, and you can have up to a 16gb media card in your device now, too!

Babygirl1606 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2107C0BF
    I didn't know any of that... that's great. I guess messing up my BB brought me lots of goodies on the way to fixing it. I'm starting to love this game. :-)

Yep, ya lose some things, ya gain a few more!

PIN/ID
    2107C0BF
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Well, the unlocking is just part of the good news. You're also sporting a new 4.5 OS which brings some new goodies to your device, like HTML e-mail viewing, Docs2Go (Microsoft Office document viewing and editing), bluetooth stereo music and an improved media player!

Where can I get these apps?

Most of them are built into the device OS. Docs2Go doesn't load up automatically, though, so you'll have to back into Desktop Manager>Application Loader. Once the OS loads up on the screen, scroll down to the Docs2Go app, check the box and proceed to install from there. Again, I don't remember the exact sequence in DM 4.3 so it might be a little different for you.

You should already be receiving HTML e-mails. If not, open a messages folder, press the BB menu button, go to Options>Email Settings. Enable HTML Email should be set to Yes, as weel as Download Images Automatically. You might need to log into your BIS account and resend Service Books to get this going. Keep in mind that even though you have that setting for automatically downloading images set to yes, you will still have to "ask" the e-mails you receive to "Get Images" for externally linked images by pressing the BB menu button within the message and selecting Get Images. This is necessary for security reasons.

You'll also need the proper type of headset to do the bluetooth stereo (I have a Motorola S9-HD). And the media player improvements are within the device's media player.

PIN/ID
    2107C0BF
    Thanks... once again!

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    That screen would have gone away and another would have come in its place prompting you to type "S T A R T" after which you would have gotten a big #1 in the top left corner.
    THEN you were to proceed with reloading of OS. You'd better make sure the unlocking took to it or else you'll have to do it over again.

PIN/ID
    2107C0BF
    Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    That screen would have gone away and another would have come in its place prompting you to type "S T A R T" after which you would have gotten a big #1 in the top left corner.
    THEN you were to proceed with reloading of OS. You'd better make sure the unlocking took to it or else you'll have to do it over again.

Actually, that didn't happen with my BB. I was stuck on that screen there for over 2 weeks and nothing happened until I followed Roger's instructions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345