I have an at&t 8100 and my trackball seems to press itself over and over ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jahabi no está en línea Stack level 1

Need Help! Trackball problems

Advertisement

I have an at&t 8100 and my trackball seems to press itself over and over continuously at times and it makes my pearl impossible to use. It is not stuck down and I can scroll in all directions. This happens even when the trackball is taken out of the phone (I even used the guide to clean it) and It will still do it. When the phone is locked it keeps the screen lit up almost constantly because it thinks I am pressing a button so it drains my battery too. I can't make phone calls because it will select the 'mute' and 'un mute' option over and over.

Has anyone else had this problem? Help is greatly appreciated.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Pull the battry out for 10 seconds, see if it fixes the problem.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like you may need to replace the phone

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahabi View Post
    I have an at&t 8100 and my trackball seems to press itself over and over continuously at times and it makes my pearl impossible to use. It is not stuck down and I can scroll in all directions. This happens even when the trackball is taken out of the phone (I even used the guide to clean it) and It will still do it. When the phone is locked it keeps the screen lit up almost constantly because it thinks I am pressing a button so it drains my battery too. I can't make phone calls because it will select the 'mute' and 'un mute' option over and over.
    If it does it with the trackball removed, then indeed it's the phone. If however you have any reason to suspect it's the trackball assembly, I just put a new one in my 8310 and it made it like new.

I bought mine HERE and it was the best $12.95 I've spent.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    If it does it with the trackball removed, then indeed it's the phone. If however you have any reason to suspect it's the trackball assembly, I just put a new one in my 8310 and it made it like new.

I bought mine HERE and it was the best $12.95 I've spent.
    I agree, I've bought it there, too and it was spankin' new afterwards.