I have the 8130 from sprint and i managed to lose the sample video to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Need help removing pre-installed wallpaper

Advertisement

I have the 8130 from sprint and i managed to lose the sample video to free up some memory but now i am trying to remove the wallpaper but i cant figure it out. Someone told me that you cant use Application loader to remove it. Any help please.

tennessee31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I don't think those can be removed. They are locked to the phone, unlike the demo video. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Valiantdust no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually you can, I've done it on my own Sprint 8130 -- but it's something of a pain. Look at number (5) on Spamdumpster's (thread starter) post here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=13747

I followed his procedure and got rid of the wallpapers, but I should also point out that if you use custom folder icons on your home screen, those icons will go away and all your folders will have the default icon.

I think MaxMem lets you get rid of the wallpapers too; this would be the easiest way to do it. You can find MaxMem here:

Okay, I 've lost my link to Maxmem but it was at mobile.blackberrytrade.com somewhere...

Before you do either of these things, however, BACK UP YOUR PHONE! You're unlikely to brick your phone doing either method -- but deleting the wrong thing could mean you have to reinstall your phone OS. (Actually happened to me when I got too eager deleting modules. I was VERY glad I backed things up first...)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Valiantdust; 07-22-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Forgot backup caveat

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are two ways you can do this:

One way is to remove them from the Java folder so that they will be removed when you run the App Loader in Desktop Manager: Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.96_P2.3.0.78 (this folder may differ depending on the version of the Handheld OS you have installed) \Java. You might want to change to list view because there are a lot of files in this folder. Saves the following files to another folder as a backup: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod, and delete them from the Java folder. Run the Application Loader in Desktop Manager and the preloaded pictures will be removed. They will still show up as 0 size files unless you reload the OS onto your BB completely.

The other way is to use Notepad to open the Blackberry.alx file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.96_P2.3.0.78 (again, this folder may differ depending on the version of the Handheld OS you have installed). Backup this file to a different location before you edit it. In notepad, find the following file and delete it:
    net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod
    You can also delete the net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_sonicnetworks.cod file to delete the preloaded ringtones. Run Application Loader for the changes to take effect.

**REMEMBER, while this has been done successfully by many including myself, it is DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK and BACKUP YOUR DEVICE FIRST**
    Last edited by Skier87; 07-22-2008 at 05:16 PM.