Hi Everyone, I'm using my BB Pearl 8100 and need help organizing my contacts. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MarkTaylor22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help organizing contacts

Hi Everyone, I'm using my BB Pearl 8100 and need help organizing my contacts.

I have my list of about 150 contacts. In my contact list there are business associates of mine as well as personal friends and family.

I noticed I could add a group to my directory which I did, and then I copied contacts into the new group.

I was happy to see I could have contacts in a seperate group such as work seperate from friends.

However my question is, is there a way I can copy a contact into the new directory and have them just show up in the category and NOT in my contact list too?

I moved a contact into the new folder, then deleted the contact in the normal list and it was gone in the folder too. Am I missing anything? Or is this not possible?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't think you're doing what you think you're doing. A Group in the Address Book is a Distribution List - not a way to group users. You create a group, and then you can send an email to everyone in that group by just using the Group's name.

What you want to look at is using Categories. You can then Filter the address book to display only contacts in a specific category ([Menu] --> Filter). A contact can belong to more than one category, but you can only view one category at a time.

Be forewarned that when you filter the Address Book to display a specific category (instead of all your contacts), you can only address or phone people in that group when composing an email or dialing a phone number.