CBW wants to send me a new or refurbished Pearl. Yesterday, my BB speaker stopped ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

{NEED HELP...NOW, Is My Pearl Bad?} Don't want to exchange!

Advertisement

CBW wants to send me a new or refurbished Pearl. Yesterday, my BB speaker stopped working. CBW told me the BB has 2 speakers, one for the earpiece and 1 for speaker phone. I can not hear anything unless I put it on speaker phone. Not even a buzz.
    Is this really my phone, or is it software related? ie...like the call delay in 4.0.67?

2nd question...If this is my BB, how can I tell the difference between new and a refurb? TIA
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: {NEED HELP...NOW, Is My Pearl Bad?} Don't want to exchange!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sounds like it could be the phone. Have you upgraded the OS to see if that made a difference?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

If you have run an application loader and reinstalled the OS and the same issue happens then it is a blown speaker and the phone needs to be replaced.

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is an old issue and has nothing to do with your software. There have been several posts about this issue. I was victim to this one myself. It is a known BB pearl issue and has something to do with the Bluetooth gettin stuck and confused or something like that. Good news is that they will send you another phone, bad news is that it could be a refurb. But, if you get it and it is all scratched up then call them back and tell them that it is not acceptable, after all it is a BB issue that precipitated the return not something you did to the phone. You just have to stand your ground to get what you want. Oh, and don't let them charge you for overnight shipping. Either make them pay for it or ask to speak to a supervisor to have them pay for the overnight. Again, not your fault the BB is acting up. Make them foot the bill for it.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Wow, thx 4 all the responses. I was thinking about the bluetooth but didn't see the icon, so I thought it was ok. Guess I'll wait for my new Pearl, should be here today or tomorrow.
    I will see if my BlueTooth even works.

Erica, I was going to upgrade to .103, had it d/l ed on my puter but after I heard all the problems, I stopped and never did the upgrade.

So, the DM might backup my 3rd party apps or prolly not?????
    Thx to everyone!
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2

Lowrider, please keep us posted on how this goes. As a fellow CBW wireless BB user I have a vested interest of course! Just for what it's worth, I upgraded my CBW Pearl ten days ago to version .101 and it is running fine so far. I had an issue with very slow access to my microsDS card, but a fellow pin-stacker suggested clearing out the browser cache and it worked. BTW, I don't think CBW is very good on posting updates to their versions of the software... I am running the "international 101 version" and all appears well. Keep in touch... Mike

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

OK, Mike, I'll let u know. And I agree CBW is very, very slow, on upgrades.
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

reck_owned no está en línea Stack level 1

it's not software related problem buddy...you have to repair your bb and spend few bucks for repairing or get a refurbished phone...only 2 ways left

Dondada no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20528E5D
    I've had 2 refurbished. They don't come n a BB box with accessories and instruction booklet. It comes n a small plastic bag inside of a small white box w/ instructions on mailing old BB back. My refurbished works excellant.

I've had 2 refurbished. They don't come n a BB box with accessories and instruction booklet. It comes n a small plastic bag inside of a small white box w/ instructions on mailing old BB back.
    Last edited by Dondada; 08-22-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Wicked Pearl no está en línea Stack level 3

I have also had my pearl replaced from att but i was able to get them to send me a red one instead of my black one . I like the red alot better it kinda gives it some coolness haha . plus i got my girl the pearl and hers was black and she took my phone by mistake a few times. but yea i had to have my phone changed out bc of the same problem . the phones ear pc went out . its bound to happen the speaker is super small and it cant handle to much . but the refurb phone works excellent !
    Robert
    Sprint Rep

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by reck_owned
    it's not software related problem buddy...you have to repair your bb and spend few bucks for repairing or get a refurbished phone...only 2 ways left

I don't pay anything, I'm w/ CBW!
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1