need some help new with the blackberry. Got the pearl for christmas it has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Doodle no está en línea Stack level 1

Need Help: Not Receiving Anything on Pearl

Advertisement

need some help new with the blackberry.

Got the pearl for christmas it has been working fine(except that i can't mms) and then tonight it got messed up. I can send text and send calls, but cannot receive anything. I though it may just be from verizon to att problems but my mom has att and she tried to call as well. Tried taking battery and sim chip out, no luck. Not sure what to do.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Re: Need Help: Not Receiving Anything on Pearl

Ok do you have the blackberry plan? If you dont that is why you can not MMS! As far as the calls go I really am not too sure. Sounds like a possible network issue!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

you you have the option to send MMS messages? Or does it give you a error message saying "no mms servicerecord found" ?

Try resending your servicebooks from your carrier.blackberry.com site.

i guess i dont have the blackberry plan i will have to look into that, but no i dont have the option to mms message when i open the full menu so i guess thats the problem. Sci-Tek here is my problem. I went on att.blackerry.com and made a new log in account or whatever, and when i typed in the info for my phone(ie. Pin number) it said my phone has not been registered proceed anwyas? and i said yes. But i went through my phone and tried to do the register like it said. Then i logged out and came back to it and used the username /password i made and it wouldnt work! i tried a bunch of things close to it but no luck. So when i do forgot password, it sends a text to my phone but i am having problems and can't receive text or calls!?!?!?!
    I think this may be a problem worth waiting for the customer service..

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    i guess i dont have the blackberry plan i will have to look into that, but no i dont have the option to mms message when i open the full menu so i guess thats the problem. Sci-Tek here is my problem. I went on att.blackerry.com and made a new log in account or whatever, and when i typed in the info for my phone(ie. Pin number) it said my phone has not been registered proceed anwyas? and i said yes. But i went through my phone and tried to do the register like it said. Then i logged out and came back to it and used the username /password i made and it wouldnt work! i tried a bunch of things close to it but no luck. So when i do forgot password, it sends a text to my phone but i am having problems and can't receive text or calls!?!?!?!
    I think this may be a problem worth waiting for the customer service..
    First of all for you to have MMS on AT&T you need to have a Blackberry Data Plan. If you haven't subscribed to a Data Plan you can't sign into the BIS account.

Since you don't have a Data Plan you can't access your service books via the BIS account. You can try to Register your BB via the Host Routing Table(Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. That usually sends the service books you generally need.

Anyways your best bet now is to call customer service. Sorry.

Thanks all who helped i called tech. support and they somehow fixed it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Thanks all who helped i called tech. support and they somehow fixed it.
    Cool thanks for the follow up...great to know you're up and running