Not sut if anyone has experienced this problem yet... I recently downloaded the Italy OS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JROCK no está en línea Stack level 2

Need Help Italy Os Is Screwing Me Up

Advertisement

Not sut if anyone has experienced this problem yet... I recently downloaded the Italy OS and now for unknown reason my pearl speaker doesnt work half the time im on a call. The only way to get it working again is to remove the battery. Any ideas???

swellest no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Need Help Italy Os Is Screwing Me Up

Hey, I had the same problem. The first week seemed ok and then the second week, the speaker would cut in and out but mostly I'd hear nothing at all. Did a battery pull, called Tmo had them troubleshoot it would work for half a day and then crap out again. I downgraded to .71 over the weekend and so far, the speaker has been fine. I wasn't sure it was related to the OS but I hadn't made any other changes (like new applications, themes, or settings). Maybe you want to try downgrading as well.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!
    I honestly never had a problem on this os. Not sure why certain units can't handle it. Downgrading is definitely an option, but if you decide to call TMO do NOT tell them that you are running this OS.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the italy os loaded for about a month... To clean things up, i wiped out my device and loaded the latest released version which is the same number as italy.. from vodafone nz... it said chinese but it is english. Haven't had any issues with it yet.

Sorry these.... i don't have issues your making it up... replies don't help. Probably sounds like a hardware issue.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quite frankly, I don't have any of these issues either. It can be a hardware issue. It can be a 3rd party app issue. But there CAN be device issues, I'm sure you're aware. As good as BB is, they aren't without fail.And I don't for a second think that Stacey thinks they were "making it up" , or even implied that from her response. Try milk on your Cheerios' and keep people with full bladders away from your cereal bowl, it helps a lot your resolution seems to be a good one as a potential fix.
    Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quite frankly, I don't have any of these issues either. It can be a hardware issue. It can be a 3rd party app issue. But there CAN be device issues, I'm sure you're aware. As good as BB is, they aren't without fail.And I don't for a second think that Stacey thinks they were "making it up" , or even implied that from her response. Try milk on your Cheerios' and keep people with full bladders away from your cereal bowl, it helps a lot your resolution seems to be a good one as a potential fix.
    Just my $.02
    My post was not directed towards stacey... i didn't quote her post..

I was commenting on my own post, that i did not have the issue and i can understand that when a person has a problem and 90% of others don't it can be very frustrating to hear it works.

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

The Italy OS actually fixed some of my issues. My phone was rebooting itself for no reason... it would get stuck and i'd have to take the battery out... but ever since I upgrated to this OS i've had NO problems. It's been a week or so... hopefully it will keep working good...

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    I had the italy os loaded for about a month... To clean things up, i wiped out my device and loaded the latest released version which is the same number as italy.. from vodafone nz... it said chinese but it is english. Haven't had any issues with it yet.

Sorry these.... i don't have issues your making it up... replies don't help. Probably sounds like a hardware issue.
    Where do you download the vodafone nz. OS version?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

from rim's download page schmunger ^^

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

HEY MANG no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25871AF3

I have been having madd crazy issues with reception and little things like that. Hope debugging version gets sorted with a quickness.

ez,

george

chris1128 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F8A43D

Thumbs up Re: Need Help Italy Os Is Screwing Me Up

Hi all,

JROCK and Swellest I am having the same issue since upgrading to the Italy OS. Saturday night I went crazy with my boyfriend and I trying to call each other and I couldn't hear a thing. Finally figured out that it was my phone. Pulled the battery and I could hear again. Same thing happened on Monday night. So far so good since. I really hope that stops happening. I like this new OS.

Christina

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

if the problems persists, i would recommend a complete wipe and restore...maybe a fresh install will help. the first time i dl'ed 1.66 i downgraded within 24 hours. it was really super buggy, slow and i was dying. needless to say i reinstalled it and haven't had issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    if the problems persists, i would recommend a complete wipe and restore...maybe a fresh install will help. the first time i dl'ed 1.66 i downgraded within 24 hours. it was really super buggy, slow and i was dying. needless to say i reinstalled it and haven't had issues since.
    i totally agree. This is the only way i load os's anymore now that i can backup ota and 3rd party apps.