Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a blackberry pearl today from T-Mobile and it is advertised as having ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Elburro_89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E833B6

Question Need help getting instant messengers without a data plan

Advertisement

I just bought a blackberry pearl today from T-Mobile and it is advertised as having MSN, AIM, and Yahoo messenger but when i turned the phone on I didnt find any of these. So I go back and ask them about it and they tell me i have to download it from the internet, but all the ones i find you either need to pay for or need to have a data plan. I asked the people at T-Mobile if i needed a data plan to use them and they said I don't. One of them said that the pearl just charges each message on the messengers as a text message.
    I had a Sidekick3 before the pearl and it had the three messengers out of the box but it needed a data plan so that is why i returned it.
    Can somebody please help me out? Thanks

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Need help getting instant messengers without a data plan

Welcome to Pinstack...
    If you have the OZ messenger that comes preloaded from tmobile you can use that, since it uses SMS not data

PIN/ID
    23E833B6

I remember i had used a pearl in the store once that had the messengers on them but they dont anymore.
    Can i download OZ messenger from anywhere?
    thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Elburro I think you can download it straight from blackberry.

PIN/ID
    23E833B6

I cant get it off blackberry.com, does anybody know where i can get OZ messenger from?

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

it should be already installed in your device.
    KeVin 4 Sho~

hawk838 no está en línea Stack level 2

I got my pearl from Tmobile and i dont have OZ messenger...?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

The reason you don't see the oz messenger because you have to click on the BB browser and download the oz instant messenger. Therefore, without a data plan, you won't be able to download it nor will you be able to send mms (picture messages) either. Yet, that's another topic. If you know a friend or family memeber that has a T-Mobile BB data plan, ask them if they can put their SIM card in your BB so that you can download the oz instant messenger. Otherwise, you would need the data plan to download it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

My buddy is looking for the same thing. Some kind of a MSN messenger with no data plan required instead uses sms (cause he's got unlimited) but since he doesnt have a data plan he cant download it from nowhere. I wish there was a website or some where u can download it using your pc.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I'm surprised that you don't have the T-Mobile OZ SMS chat client. I would go talk to your sales rep and see if he can't get it on there for you. I can't think of any reasons that you'd need a data plan to download the non-data SMS-using chat client.

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I noticed that all pearls that dont have data plan, dont have IM but once u get the data plan IM icon appears and it stays even when u close your data plan. But only then it stops working lol

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Just curious though, why don't you have/want a data plan for the bberry? It makes it all worth it.

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

This is my 3rd pearl the first two would work until Id get a data plan, as soon as I got the data plan set up my first two phones went out of service and wouldent make any calls, none of the tricks worked so I had to get a 3rd exchange lol. Now I have unlimited sms and thinking of getting the data plan again but kinda afraid to have the same problem. Data plan is awesome, it just wouldnt work on my first two pearls WEIRD I know. None of those reps could do anything either.

So yeee

bchzcallmeg0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    Just curious though, why don't you have/want a data plan for the bberry? It makes it all worth it.
    Ahhh!! I am having similar issues trying to get some of my services to work without a data plan. Everyone just says, its a blackberry just get the data plan etc.

it's the PEARL which was blackberry's attempt at a crossover to consumer...us consumers that don't need corporate email or internet. yes its an awesome feature and when i have the extra $30 bucks to spare i will probably get the data plan.

in the meantime, it just doesn't make sense to me WHY if it doesn't use internet or the data plan and its using sms, why the phone wouldn't have it/it wouldn't work?

even the mms messages, that's beyond me. i used to have samsung and i would receive video and picture mail all without a need for an internet plan. i think the data plan and internet etc is great, i just think some features should still work without it. either that or don't ADVERTISE the features.

this is my first blackberry. and i honestly do love it. i never once before THOUGHT of owning a blackberry until the Pearl came out. it did it's purpose. to attract non blackberry customers to the product.

but keep us happy man or we won't come back.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

bchzcallmeg0 i answered your other post...see if that helps any

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast