Okay, heres the situation. My BB was connected via the USB cable and I was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dustblaaze no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help. Everything deleted on my BB.

Advertisement

Okay, heres the situation. My BB was connected via the USB cable and I was trying to put some pictures I took on my hard drive. It kept on asking for a password when I opened Desktop Manager. I forgot my password and tried 10 times and it failed. Suddenly I see my BB turning off on its own. I turn it back on and everything was deleted. All my contacts, texts, ringtones, and even the Tmobile myfaves is gone. I didn't think that failing to guess the password would totally delete everything on my BB. Any suggestions? This really sucks especially because I had so much stuff on the phone. Any help is appreciated.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: Need help. Everything deleted on my BB.

I know it won't help you get your pics back, but you should be able to restore an old backup to get everything else.

I tried doing a restore and it said I needed a backup file. Unfortunately, I have no clue where that is. Is that the only way? Is there some kind of phone reset like the Treo where I could get my data back?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by dustblaaze
    I tried doing a restore and it said I needed a backup file. Unfortunately, I have no clue where that is. Is that the only way? Is there some kind of phone reset like the Treo where I could get my data back?
    Yea sorry man, unless you did a backup recently then you don't have a backup file. Everything is lost.

AWWWWWWWWWWW! Oh well, it's just gonna be a pain getting all those phone numbers back. Thanks for the help though.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

To find your backup if one has been done (and restore it to the device), do the following:

Open Desktop Manager.
    Connect the BB.
    Enter password if prompted for it.
    Click on Backup/Restore icon.
    Click on Restore.
    Click on the BlackBerry folder.
    Click the Backups folder.
    Look for and highlight the following information if you have done a backup before:
    "File name: Backup-(2007-07-13)
    Click Open.

This should begin the restoration process.