This is my first and my first BB, so I hope I am asking this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jmolder21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need direction to fix Non Stop Hourglass

Advertisement

This is my first and my first BB, so I hope I am asking this correctly. I originally began receiving the "unable to display file" message on my pics, ringtones, etc. So i downloaded the new OS, but it then began running a continuous hourglass and I have never been able to get back into my phone again.
    Now I am getting the App 205 error, but when I try and reinstall the desktop manager, it tells me that it can't connect with the device. Any help would be appreciated as I am ready to send this thing back.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Need direction to fix Non Stop Hourglass

When you load the new OS it will give the hourglass for a long time (it seems longer than it is escpecially when doing your first OS upgrade). DId you just leave it in and let it complete or did you disconnect and try to reset it during the process?? It sounds as if you will need to use the Java loader wipe and reinstall of the OS. Other here who know more will be able to futher assist you, just tell us exactl what you have done and leave nothing out.

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

As far as mp3s go, you'll get that message when you are trying to play those types of files without a media card ( never tried it for picture or ringtone files ). Do you have a media card? If you don't, even if you try to set the maximum file limit for the device, you may still get that message. Unless there's another way of playing it w/o the card that I'm not aware of, media card will solve your issue.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Jmolder. What's your current status?