OK ive had the pearl for about a month and yesterday out of nowhere i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

illstate11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need Assistance

Advertisement

OK ive had the pearl for about a month and yesterday out of nowhere i checked my call log and texts and they were gone. I just thought it was erased probably because i was running out of memory. So i sent my brother a text. I get his response and the little notification the phone gives. I go to click the the text with the little asterisk and when it opens up its erased. So i call my brother and after i talk to him i look at my call log and and the call is there, but then it says i have a text, i go to check it and the text appears as if i would be looking at the view history option in the call log. I delete the text and then my the call gets deleted from my call log. Now im confused and i dont know if thats going to charge me for texts. ANyone have any ideas on how i can possibly restore my phone to normal?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Need Assistance

illstate11, Welcome to PinStack.

Try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). Then you might want to remove any unwanted language support from your BB to free up some memory.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!

Just so you know this is a known problem. What I suggest is that you do a battery pull which is while the phone is on remove the battery for 30 seconds and replace the battery. Replace the battery. This issue happens from memory leak.

illstate11 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the tip.I tried the cold reboot and my call log seems fine now, but the only thing is my calls keep coming up as texts in the message folder. Were would i go to delete the language support on my phone?

jopobs no está en línea Stack level 1

wired headset not ringing

hi, how come my wired headset that comes with the phone doesn't ring? I can make calls, answer and listen to my mp3's but It doesn't ring when I have an incoming call. Is there a feature than you can enable the headset? thank you

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by illstate11
    thanks for the tip.I tried the cold reboot and my call log seems fine now, but the only thing is my calls keep coming up as texts in the message folder. Were would i go to delete the language support on my phone?

i had that same problem....is you phone set to keep a log of your calls other than the call log....cause if i missed a call it would let it in my message box...here is what i suggest you do back out of everything on your phone, then hit the send key, then the menu key, scroll to call logging and set it to none then hit menu key once more and save....
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome to ze stacks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by illstate11
    Were would i go to delete the language support on my phone?
    There are two ways to do this. The easiest is to make sure the current OS File for your Handset OS is installed on your PC. Connect your BB to the PC and open Desktop Manager and Application Loader. In the Apps Loader of your OS/Apps to load will be all the Language support modules. Uncheck any that you don't need. Then just complete the operation by checking next and responding with the answers as to how you want it to reload/remove the modules/apps.

The other is to open Options/Advanced Options/Applications and select each language module that is not needed there and use the menu to delete each one.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles