Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK, first here's the basic info. Device 8130, carrier Alltel, OS 4.3.0.81, Platform 3.1.0.40 Issue:I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Need advice re: bb messenger malfunction

Advertisement

OK, first here's the basic info. Device 8130, carrier Alltel, OS 4.3.0.81, Platform 3.1.0.40

Issue:I am not getting alerts for BB messenger. I have it set to tone and LED flashing but I get neither. The only indication I get is the smily face and little red star.

Settings:
    Normal profile
    Out of holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: Notifier Bikebell
    Volume: Medium
    Number of beeps: 2
    Repeat Notification: LED flashing

These setting are the same for In holster.

These are the settings for Level 1 Messages, Messenger-Alert, and Messenger-New Message

This is what I have done so far for troubleshooting: Switched from downloaded ringtone to pre-loaded ringtone, deleted BB Messenger Application, then re-installed it.

Also, all my other alerts for SMS, email, phone calls, etc. seem to be working fine.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    I guess we can start with a BB OS upgrade. VZW version as well as US Cellular is at .97 right now (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html). Try updating that first and see how it is afterwards.

Keep me posted.

*tec's list is behind as far as VZW but I have that so it is .97

I have not updated my OS yet. Just to clarify, I need to delete the old one from my pc and when I download the new one, just delete the vendor xml. Correct me if I'm wrong here: go to local disc C>program files>common files>research in motion>apploader> vendor xml. Do I delete the entire file? It says Vendor XML Document 183 KB.

Just want to be sure I understand it correctly. Also will my 3rd party apps still be there?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You got it! You have been paying attention, good job

Uninstall the old OS, install the new, delete the vendor.xml and run DM after and it will prompt for the update. emember that it will take about 30 min with about 10 min of doing nothing, don't panic or unplug the BB until it comes back up to the home screen after install.

Ok my son needs the pc for a research project so I may not get to it for a few hours. But I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Oh, another question, will I need to resend my service books or reregister after this update or will it not interfere with that?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It should do a backup and restore during the process. You may have to reload or add some third party key codes though. But it is always a good idea to check the Host Table and send yourself an email to be sure it's working OK.

OK I have the new OS installed, Doughdaddy or one of the other mods, if you are willing, please send me a PM so I can give you my pin for a test to see if BBM is working. My BBM contacts are all sleeping right now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Send me the PM, I will respond before bed time

OK, update on my issue. LAst night, updates the OS, tested BBM, got tone and LED notification, sent a couple messages back and forth, worked fine. This morning, sent a message, got reply, no problems, got another reply....this time the LED would not stop blinking, I exited the app, checked my inbox, there was nothing there....the LED flashed for about 5 minutes then stopped on its own. The next incoming messages I got, gave me the tone but no LED at all.

I checked my event log and had several severe errors, all Java exceptions, uncaught exception trace:illegal state exception, and uncaught exception trace: error

I saw 2 of these errors, so I deleted 2 3rd party apps, rebooted and still received 4 more of these errors after the next exchange of messages.

It is still, giving me the alerts, but there's something going on....any ideas?????
    Twitter? My Apps List

Bump......anyone?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bump~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey azstar, did not see the return posts, my bad.
    I have the same OS as you and I get the lingering LED sometimes also, I think this has been going on since OS version .71 or something. The Sprint update I think. I have not found any reason or fix yet.

As far as the app errors, exactly what 3rd party apps are installed and what versions?

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive got that same LED problem too... It seems to happen when I check a message too quickly, like right when the alert is going off. Mine stops when I get a new message though

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Hey azstar, did not see the return posts, my bad.
    I have the same OS as you and I get the lingering LED sometimes also, I think this has been going on since OS version .71 or something. The Sprint update I think. I have not found any reason or fix yet.

As far as the app errors, exactly what 3rd party apps are installed and what versions?

No problem, I figured I would just keep bumping it till it got noticed......

Not only did the LED linger, but then after it stopped and I got another messaget he LED didn't light at all.

The lingering LED never happened on my previous OS, however after installing BB Alerts(It was the newest version, just bought it this month), I would have all sorts of problems with various colors showing solid on the LED, blue, pink, green.....would all of the sudden just kinda stick, and I would have to do a soft reset to fix it. So I deleted that to see if the probs would stop happening.

The other app I deleted was Mobylo Multialarm....it has always seemed to work fine, but I have a habit of viewing the event log a few times a day....curiosity since I have no clue what most of it means, but then I can be aware of when something new happens. Anyway, everytime the Mobylo alarm goes off, if I check the event log, there is always an error: Alert Engine : playerUpdate- error:5....but I also get this same error when I get a phone call that uses a song from my media card as a ringer......so I don't know.

But the real thing that concerns me is the severe errors I mentioned in the earlier post. They all seemed to have to do with BBM, in their long lines of text they mentioned IM several times. I was going to copy one to email then cut and paste it here but they are gone.....I don't remember deleting those today, but I can only go back about 8 hours in the log....and those severe errors happened 12 hours ago.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PM coming your way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast