I have to return my pearl due to a purple spot developing on my screen. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

need advice.

Advertisement

I have to return my pearl due to a purple spot developing on my screen. My question is this, how do I back up all the things I downloaded ie wallpapers, ringtones and software. I know this may seem obvious, but I'm a complete newbie to BB. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: need advice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With your desktop manager. Connect your BB up and then just back it up. The backup icon will give you a bunch of different options. Just pick the backup option. Hope that helps.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Kwolf, I don't think the Desktop Manager will backup 3rd party software. Do you still have the original downloads on your PC? If they were OTA, you could reload them when you get a new one.

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) uh yeah... I feel like an idiot now! Lol I don't know why I didn't think of that in the 1st place.
    Another question I got though is any ideas on good accessories? And what is the largest memory card I can get for my pearl? My friends all made fun of me when I bought a BB until they saw the private email function. Funny story actually. We were sitting around crash coursing for a geographic mapping final when the prof had emailed the coordinates for new location of the final and an increase in our grade for the first ten that got there on time. I was the first to get it cause of my trusty BB and got us there 10 minutes early and the bonus(which the 4 of us needed lol)! They have never called me BB freak since!