I just purchased a 8100 and I have a basic question about navigation software. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

Navigation Options

Advertisement

I just purchased a 8100 and I have a basic question about navigation software. I had an IPAQ which I used with a bluetooth GPS and software to use as a basic in-car nav system. What is a good system that would be able to work with the 8100? Any suggestions are appreciated.....

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Navigation Options

Jkrums, as you have a lot of views but no answers. I am giving to bump your post. I have seen a lot of mention of telenav on here. Do a search for that and see if you can get answer. I know there are Navigation system users here, they must not be on right now.

carlo949 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm still really new at all this, and I DON'T have it, but here is a brand that I saw on some other forums that people use:

it's called a holux gps

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=130593

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jkrums, Welcome to PinStack.

If you still have the Bluetooth GPS, try it with BB Maps that should be loaded on your BB. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

thanks everyone for all the welcomes!! I am really excited about this. I have seen soo many different options out there on preliminary search, and the help is really appreciated. I have a bluetooth GPS and I will try it with the builtin maps on the BB. I guess I overlooked that. When you come from the world of windows I guess you don't expect things at actually be there. haha. anyway, The program itself looks pretty extensive. I just did not know if there is anything better. I will be sure to post what happens and how it works and all. Figure other people might be able to benefit......

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Navigation Options

The Holux GPS didnt even come close to comparison with the GlobalSat 359. I did some research on several sites including this one and found someone that tested several systems including these two. Based on those results I decided to go for the GlobalSat 359 which I'm happy now that I did. This unit is very thin and extremely accurate. I bought it new on eBay. It lists for $149 and can be bought for "Buy-it-Now" for $104. If you want to bid for one like I did from scratch, it can be had for as little as $65-$75 + shipping. I got mine for $84 total w/shipping and got it in 3 days. I highly recommend it!
    Last edited by GaryD; 12-08-2006 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Errors in writing

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

welcome to pinstack