Hello all. Hopefully this is in the right forum. If not, hopfully a mod will ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mr Mufakka no está en línea Stack level 1

n00b questions

Advertisement

Hello all.

Hopefully this is in the right forum. If not, hopfully a mod will help me out.

First off, I've been wanting the iPhone for months now, even prior to it's press release. I've already made the switch from NexTry, er Nextel to Cingular in preparation to get the phone right when it hits the shelves. Well, Cingular, at least in my area SUCKS. So much so that I'm seriously reconsidering the iPhone (and saving quite a bit of the $500+ price tag) and going with a Pearl and tMobile.

My first question is, how well does it handle MP3s? Specifically in a car through the car's stereo. Is this easily done?

Also, I see lots of "themes" available. One negative I've heard about the Pearl is it's "DOS"like opperating system. Do these themes make things easiser to use and more eye appealing?

Thanks for the help and it looks like I'll be visiting this forum a lot in the future for all the downloads and tricks/tips!

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Re: n00b questions

I'll answer your post once i finish doing my health assignment online so give me 5-10 if your hanging around. Cheers-Aber

That'd be awesome.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

DOS? lol more like windows w/o a mouse altho the ball makes it much like one. GO try one in store. Really.

Excellent MP3 player except theres no playlist function and need to manualy select each tune after one is done playing.

Podcasts are what I'm mainly interested in. That is odd that only one tune will play until another one is selected.

Thanks for your input though.

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

OK sorry about that *had a stupid 9pm deadline for school* anywayy. So 1. I have two *well three if you count the shuffle i just bought for skiing* Ipods. I have stop using all them *Besides the shuffle *because i dont want my phone to freeze** and have been using my pearl as my main MP3 player. I love it because i hate having full pockets and so I decided to just use my phone...I love it.. i made a seperate playlist for my songs by genre *like rock, Pop, Hyphy* and play them with folders. Also..if you put it on "Play all" the song will automatically jump to the next one once finished playing and you can even shuffle. So for a long winded answer..the simple is YES its a GREAT MP3 *If you get a 1-2gb micro sd card.

DOS? No freaking way. My pearl looks amazing. I used the Tmob zen for a while and recently change to the one with the floating tree? sorry to the creator but i dont know the name but i love it. People call it art and check my phone out DAILY because i update the wallpaper and such. Noway is it DOS ...and i know DOS haha *DukeNukem 3D launches from DOS hehe*

Podcast? Sure!! add them as MP3 and your set... although i dont think you can easily jump to chapter to chapter like you can on an ipod. Hope that helps! if not reply back and ill see what i can do! Cheers!-Aber

Thanks for your reply!

What's it take to hook up the Pearl to a car's stereo?

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im honestly not sure but I'm assuming all you need is a converter to turn the 2.5mm input into a 3.5mm. From there it should be just like a standard pod but don't quote me hehe.-aber