Well I had the 8120 for a week now and nothing but problems. I loved ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gtij51 no está en línea Stack level 1

My view on the BB 8120

Advertisement

Well I had the 8120 for a week now and nothing but problems. I loved the 8100. But this wow problems all over the place. The internet works when it wants to. When I send a pic message. I get a nice Lil red X all the time. Have to turn off the phone to send it and same go's for getting a pic mesage. The phone freezes all the time browsing the internet when it does work. I pull the battery out and I have to wait 2mins to boot up! Last but not least battery life on the phone is bad!!! I hope this help out anyone out there that's looking to get this garbage phone. Stick to the origanle pearl not this thing.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtij51 View Post
    Well I had the 8120 for a week now and nothing but problems. I loved the 8100. But this wow problems all over the place. The internet works when it wants to. When I send a pic message. I get a nice Lil red X all the time. Have to turn off the phone to send it and same go's for getting a pic mesage. The phone freezes all the time browsing the internet when it does work. I pull the battery out and I have to wait 2mins to boot up! Last but not least battery life on the phone is bad!!! I hope this help out anyone out there that's looking to get this garbage phone. Stick to the origanle pearl not this thing.
    ----
    Sounds like you may want to contact your carrier for help.

I have the same phone and it's terrific. Not a single problem. Well built, great phone clarity, wonderful sound from my music files, & great pictures. In addition, the keyboard is greatly improved over the 8100 I have as well as many other small improvements. The WiFi reception is impressive as is the display. I have put a lot of time on this phone & could not be happier.

I rate this the very best Pearl ever.

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with Archer...I had had the 8120 since Wednesday and it is solid. Absolutely none of the crashing/rebooting issues that I had with the 8100 (that I mostly caused myself by installing beta 4.5). The wifi is great...I was in 2 airports yesterday and it picked up the tmobile hotspots letting make unlimited calls. Keys are solid, easier to type on. I am a big fan. Now I can sit back and relax waiting to see whatever else RIM comes out with...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had minor BBMessenger and Yahoo problems yesterday but they seem to have cleared up. Otherwise this is much better than the 3 8100's I had.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds like you have a defective pearl. Return it and get a new one

mega_boi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7FC0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Your's sounds like a dud. Return it and get a new one so you can be one of us 8120 fanatics!

Woo!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    It definitely sounds like a hardware issue. My 8120 has been running smooth so far. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Everything needs a little wear and tear before it becomes perfect .
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you have a ton of stuff loaded on it? Mine is working nicely. I would try a replacement before you condem it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had minor BBMessenger and Yahoo problems yesterday but they seem to have cleared up..
    ---
    Yahoo has deteriorated significantly. I hated to give up my yahoo mail address that I used for years. But it was just too unreliable both on my computer & BB.

I switched to gmail & only then became aware of just how bad yahoo was, as Google is very fast, stable & reliable.

via: Red BB 8310

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    archer6-

Do you still need an invite to get a gmail account? And if so, is there anyone here that can send me an invite? I got an invite from a friend a while ago, and I even set up an account, but it was so long ago, I cannot remember what it was called or the password.

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got my wife an 8100 and she can't even make a phone call here in the house because it won't get any signal. I am exchanging it for an 8120 which I hope will do better.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it should

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    archer6-

Do you still need an invite to get a gmail account? And if so, is there anyone here that can send me an invite? I got an invite from a friend a while ago, and I even set up an account, but it was so long ago, I cannot remember what it was called or the password.
    No you do not need an invite for Gmail. I have been using it since it was in private beta and it is great obf just gets better with time.