Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys i am new here and i am new to using the blackberry. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gageev no está en línea Stack level 1

my sounds wont work

Advertisement

Hey guys i am new here and i am new to using the blackberry. I was just wondering why my sound wont work at all. Last night i used my headset and today mornin i tried playing music with the phone speaker and it wouldnt work. Can anyone please help me. Spent so much on the phone i dont want to spend more fixing it.

Please

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Try a hard reset... take out your battery for 30 seconds and reinsert.

Let us know if it works

my luck sucks

yea i tried that....i took it out for like 30 seocnds then i put battry back in. The hourglass came up everything loaded but sound still does not work.

What could it be :S. is there a way from inside the menus to disable handsfree mode?

What happening when you play a song? or when someone calls? is it playing through the earpiece and not the speaker?

Yup

that is exacly correct man..i can hear it through the headset that came with my pearl. but when i try listening to it without headset...it wont work. mah ringtone, mah music, my clik when i roll the rollball

Ok im not sure of any settings that will fix this but reloading the OS should, do you have the Handheld Software installed on your computer? Not Desktop Manager.

If not who is your provider and I will give you a link to download it. and the rest of the instructions.

Hey thanks

My provider is Rogers. And the only software i have for my blackberry is what ever came on that blackberry cd. If there is something i dont have please help me. Thank you for your time. You have been alot of help.

Visit this link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

Select your device from the dropdown menu and then download the OS onto your PC.

Connect your BB to the PC and start Desktop manager and back it up, then remove your BB from the PC

Now install the Downloaded OS onto your PC by executing the file you downloaded.

Now that it is installed connect your BB to the PC and Start Desktop Manager and start application loader, once you get to the device applicatin selection hit next, then advanced, now check the erase all application data box and go to the finish.

This will erase all the data from your BB and put it in original working condition, then you can apply your backup to the device.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

this site is amazing :D

hey guys sorry i cudnt get back to you. I had a christmas party to go to and right now i am downloading the file. Ill try everything and let youknow. Thank you so much for checkin up.

No Luck

Hey guys i tried what u told me to do. Did not work. I dont understand why .

ace70180 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204c805e
    try a battery pull usually works for me

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    hey guys I don't mean to interupt, however I think after reading these posts alot. I may be able to shed some light on this. inside the headphone jack is a shorting pin. it is used to route sound to the speaker if the headphone is not plugged in. It is a physical piece of metal. I have never had this prob with my pearl, however on a few vehicles this has happened. If something is stuck inside the jack, IE lint from pocket or something, it is possible to have the pin stuck in the open position. The only way I have solved this in the past is repeatedly plugging in and removing the object or taking it apart. only theory not tested on the pearl, but works on cars. Also it is a possibility that the pins are failing and breaking off inside. we should find all who have had this prob and see what they came up with. just my thought after dealing with vehicle electronics after 12+ years???
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm wondering if there isn't a problem with the Headphone plug, maybe it didn't release and close the contact to allow the phone internal speaker to work when you removed the headset jack. I'm thinking that a call to your carrier might be the only solution now. If it is what I'm thinking, it's a hardware problem and will need replacement.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    what he said ^ LOL
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast