I use the push weather service from Accuweather (BB push services). I had to reset ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

My Push Weather Just Disappeared.......

Advertisement

I use the push weather service from Accuweather (BB push services). I had to reset my Pearl after deleting a program (Infospace FindIt if it matters) and the icon was gone. I went into the services to check if it was still there and it was, as it gave me the ability to delete or edit the city I chose. But it was gone under the Bookmarks. So I deleted the service and registered again and nothing, no icon or anything. Any ideas what could've happened? How long does it take for the icon to get pushed over?

I stuck using BBWeather, which I dont like at all.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: My Push Weather Just Disappeared.......

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It might just take a while. My experience with it is it only updates twice a day. Maybe the next time it updates it will show up?

tj2311111 Guest

When it usually updates the icon is usually still there it just shows their update icon saying it will be available shortly. But this time it was just gone, not even showing up in the bookmark links (where it usually is). I just deleted it and reregistered it but still no icon. I guess Ill wait and see if it pushes over again.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

How did you register for this anyways? I would like to have an Accuweather icon.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

bump

tj2311111 Guest

My icon came back. Took over night after I reregistered it.

You first need to have the BB Unlimited Data Plan as it uses data. Next go to this site on your BB....http://mobile.blackberry.com/ ......Scroll down to push services and you'll see weather push there. Rest is straightforward.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Count yourself lucky. I have tried everything to remove (short of os reinstall) and mine will still push weather. haha after i do a battery pull it usually takes about 1-2 hours and then it will start again. One time I thought it was gone but it showed up almost 24 hours later