Just got the Pearl and I noticed that if I go to Settings -> Options ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kvaughan no está en línea Stack level 2

'My Phone Number' issue

Advertisement

Just got the Pearl and I noticed that if I go to Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Sim Card, listed is my phone number with 5 extra numbers after it. So right now it displays as XXXXXXXXXX6796. I hit Menu -> Edit Sim Phone Number and it brings up a dialog to edit the number but will not save the change. Is there any way this can be fixed?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by kvaughan
    Just got the Pearl and I noticed that if I go to Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Sim Card, listed is my phone number with 5 extra numbers after it. So right now it displays as XXXXXXXXXX6796. I hit Menu -> Edit Sim Phone Number and it brings up a dialog to edit the number but will not save the change. Is there any way this can be fixed?
    If your calls are coming in just fine, leave it alone. It could be something from your carrier, who you don't mention. Who is your carrier? And have you asked anyone you've called how your number is showing up?

Re: 'My Phone Number' issue

AT&T is the carrier. The number shows up fine for other people. Just an annoying problem to see in the call log my number showing up as 15 digits.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can just set the option not to show your number. I turned mine off since I know what my number is. I never really understood why you would need it to show you your number. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can just set the option not to show your number. I turned mine off since I know what my number is. I never really understood why you would need it to show you your number. Oh well.
    Good call, never noticed that option in there. Thanks!