Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

it shows the litttle hourglass icon for hours on end. i have not called at&t ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

llama-king no está en línea Stack level 1

my phone is locking up :X

Advertisement

it shows the litttle hourglass icon for hours on end. i have not called at&t yet because i dont think i have a warranty for it and i dont want them to tell me "oh well give us more money for a new one" sooo can some one help me or is gettting a new phone a better thing to do O__O

thanks in advance ~llama-king~
    Last edited by llama-king; 07-11-2008 at 05:59 AM. Reason: typo :O

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Have you recently installed any new applications, made any changes or upgraded the Device OS?

nope the newest thing i installed on there was opera mini and this was after the problem started but it seems it has become alot worse in the past 2-3 weeks and i put a new theme on it last week but i deleated every app and theme to see if that would help and it has not.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Let the battery drain? It could be anything wrong with your phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well i took it to AT&T today and i asked one of the workers and he told me to empty my phone's event log and t would stop locking up and sure enough after about 10 hours it has not locked up once. i was even able to change my theme and home screen image(somthing that i could never due becuase it would lock up and sit there for about an hour then shut off)

thanks for trying to help tho ^.^

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok if that was your problem do this:

1. Hit Alt-LGLG

2. Menu Key clear the log (this was probably what you did but we can take it ones step farther)

3. Menu key again

4. go into options

5. menu again and click hide all types

6. this should stop them from ever going into your event log

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Thanx man that will save me the trouble of every having to delete that stuff~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't had any problems at all with my 8110 but trying to download themes, can anyone tell me how to do it "ota"? I also did the alt-lglg and it works well to stop items from being appended to a log and causing locking problems!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by here_miah View Post
    I haven't had any problems at all with my 8110 but trying to download themes, can anyone tell me how to do it "ota"? I also did the alt-lglg and it works well to stop items from being appended to a log and causing locking problems!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OTA refers to over the air if you didnt know that...

all you have to do is go to a specified site that has the .jar file of the app or theme you want.

The easier way to find themes is to load them on using the DM...

Ok, what is the Dm and how do I use it? I apologize, I'm still fairly new to this stuff~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oh, the desktop manager, Duh. well how do i find a tutorial, or detailed instructions on how to use the DM to install downloaded themes?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    here you go here_miah

THIS THREAD

I think i got this all figured out.... you guys are like jocks for the BB, you see someone that might be new and then you use all the acronyms that 'you' 'think' they should know, then you make them feel 'dumb'.... anyhow, i got this all figured out, i know what the damn DM is and OTA and .JAR and how to extract the .ZIP files to access the .JAR files from themes and ringtones and wallpapers, thanks for all your support in making me feel dumber than I already did trying to figure out a device that has more capabilities than my sh*tty computer does, I appreciate all the help.....

Thanks for the thread by the way beeshabo, helpful...
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Sorry if our acronyms catch you off guard. Sometimes we use them as we respond to many posts daily and try to cut down on typing. Don't ever worry about feeling dumb on these forums. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Never hesitate to ask for clarification on something you don't understand as we are all here to help eachother.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had the same problem, its cause you try to get on sites that have un-supported scripts on the web pages. And it does not let them load correctly, or not even at all. I just let my phone sit and close all appz, within 30 mins it goes away. But if I'm really pressed, ill just remove the battery to reboot.

Right now I just limit myself to wap, mobile, BB friendly sites.... For the meantime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast