Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So i had my pearl on my lap in my buddys car and when he ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

big sev no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24266cd3

Thumbs down My Pearl Is Possesed.....

Advertisement

So i had my pearl on my lap in my buddys car and when he droped me off i got out and it fell.
    Right into the gutter with a good sized stream running through it.
    Anyway long storie short i picked it up real quick and thought that be the end of that. Until i noticed that the phone is pressing the #2 all by itself, also now when i press the trackball button its not the trackball anymore its the letter t, and the suretype has gone crazy.
    anyone heard of this crap?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: My Pearl Is Possesed.....

Yea, you should of pulled the battery instantly and let it completely dry out. 24 hours (or over night) is best for the safe side.

Or you can use a blow dryer on the cool setting to dry it out. There's probably water or something underneath the keypad screwing around the connections. Water damage has been known to cause the glitches in keyboard. Since it's water damage insurance won't cover it, so if it keeps happening you may just be SOL. Sorry.

If you really get desperate you might want to take it apart and try cleaning. Just for a last last last resort. (NOT RECOMMENDED) but if it's your only hope. here is a guide. I take no responsibility in your actions either.
    The Picture Guide
    Link Deleted.

Video How to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU

GOOD LUCK

Hope this helps
    ~Red
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 06-07-2007 at 08:18 PM.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

Have access to a compressor? Here's what I do (I work in an office that has an unusually high amount of 'I dropped my phone in the lake' 'I accidently washed it with my clothes three times' etc)

Make sure you have either bottled or filtered water.
    Take the battery out of your phone.
    Remove any covers you can, and pull your sim.
    Rinse it for a good 10 minutes in regular tap water. Shake all of that water out of it. Then rinse it out with the bottled/filtered water. Use a compressor to blow that thing as dry as you can, then let dry. To speed things up, you can set it on your stove when cooking in the oven. I've only had this technique not work once, and have fixed a good 20 to 30 phones with it.
    Good Luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by big sev
    So i had my pearl on my lap in my buddys car and when he droped me off i got out and it fell.
    Right into the gutter with a good sized stream running through it.
    Anyway long storie short i picked it up real quick and thought that be the end of that. Until i noticed that the phone is pressing the #2 all by itself, also now when i press the trackball button its not the trackball anymore its the letter t, and the suretype has gone crazy.
    anyone heard of this crap?
    water+electronics=bad. i learned that whilst hosing down my big screen tv. i was so mad. nowhere in the manual did it say to not submerse my television.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Red, it depends on the insurance company you have. I know the major carriers that I have dealt with (Cingular, T-Mobile, and Verizon) insurance policies include water damage. If they are on Cingular/at&t it doesn't matter much since they can not get a BB insured anyway.

Zo.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie
    water+electronics=bad. i learned that whilst hosing down my big screen tv. i was so mad. nowhere in the manual did it say to not submerse my television.
    So I should stop doing that??

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    So I should stop doing that??
    Prolly

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

What about a wire brush?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

back on track guys it was an accident he dropped it in the sewer! he wasn't using it as bait to catch something

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

No problems Cherri, we're just having fun on a Saturday!

I know the other day I had mine in my teeshirt pocket and we were at the store getting some gardening supplies. I bent over (bad move) and my Pearl fell out of my pocket onto the concrete. After I retreived my heart out of my throat, I picked it up and am happy to say it survived with only a minor ding. I'll never do that again!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    If you really get desperate you might want to take it apart and try cleaning. Just for a last last last resort. (NOT RECOMMENDED) but if it's your only hope. here is a guide. I take no responsibility in your actions either.
    The Picture Guide
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/8100_Disassembly

Video How to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU
    i like how every "how to" guide shows you exactly how to take it part, but i have never seen one on how to put it back together. guess you could just follow the directions in reverse, but if i were taking mine BB apart, i would like some actual directions on how exactly to put everything back together...the right way. haha.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Smile Re: My Pearl Is Possesed.....

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    i like how every "how to" guide shows you exactly how to take it part, but i have never seen one on how to put it back together. guess you could just follow the directions in reverse, but if i were taking mine BB apart, i would like some actual directions on how exactly to put everything back together...the right way. haha.
    Now where's the fun in that? lol

Zo

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I'm not sure I would have the guts to take mine apart, guide or no guide. I guess as a last resort maybe. It just seems it would be too easy to forget a small part or loose something.

xendlessxfirex no está en línea Stack level 1

If it is insured, then just tell your carrier that you go mugged, took your wallet and phone etc. I think you have to pay a deductable to get it fully replaced tough, like 20/80 or maybe even 40/60. Not sure how it works.
    "Wealth Is Hidden From Those Who Must Do It All Themselves, Wealth Exposes Itself to Those Patient Enough to Train Others."

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Ah False insurance claims...and people wonder why the deductable is so high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast