Ok, so I went on a quick holiday to the mountains, to some place where ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down My Pearl is dead. Spontaneously.

Advertisement

Ok, so I went on a quick holiday to the mountains, to some place where not even radio waves would reach me - intentions were to use the pearl only as a mp3 player and wake-up alarm. So I left it turned off for more than a day, when it finally turns itself on in order to ring the pre-set alarm at 10h30 AM on last sunday.... and everything - still - seemed fine, radio turned off on purpose, left him resting like you leave your grandma lying to get some fresh air in the grass.

And as I take it into my hands, five minutes later, it`s dead. Not the 50X java error I had on my previous vacation (which I fixed with this forum`s help). Bloody dead. No screen, no sound, no battery pull, no nothing. Just 4 flashes of the red led, then pause. 4 flashes. Pause. 4 flashes. Pause. A mantra for the electronic dead.

Second travel, second death of my blackberry. But without hope of reincarnation this time. Got home and tried everything - OS reinstall w/ battery outside, inside, forcing unknown pin reconicognition, nothing worked.

Now it`s shipped to blackberry technical support here in my country. Still under warrant, so repairs are not gonna cost me.

But I ask: how long until my pearl, in which I put all my life, leave me alone and naked in the North Pole again when I most need it?

The remarkable thing about this story is that the BB had never experienced a fall from any height, never took a single waterdrop. It was just sitting at the side of my bed. And that way, it simply gave up life. Go figure....

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Re: My Pearl is dead. Spontaneously.

Never heard of a BB with no will to live :cry:... best of luck 2 ya

kelli67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Holy Cow! What a disaster. I'm a glad you are able to get it replaced for free.

I hope you find the answers you are needing. This is not a good situation at all.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

try this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

try that one if that doesn't work there's another one some where I can seem to locate right now.

EDIT: heres the other one: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=56525
    Last edited by reddog187; 01-29-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks for the solidarity my friends. Hope in the future my next BBs feel stronger in their will to live :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    try this thread:
    try that one if that doesn't work there's another one some where I can seem to locate right now.
    Reddog,

Thanks for trying to help, that thread indeed saved me in the beggining in this month when I had the dreadful "error 503" eternal loop, and I was able to restore the system.

However this time I could not get it to connect.

So then I tried to run App Loader and selecting on connected devices "PIN: Unknown" and it even started to erase everything on the BB and trying to load the apps inside it. But for my dismay the progress bar would at some place near 80% go back and forth (yes, it would go for the right and then for the left on a limited space). Tried to leave it through the night that way, but no progress at all.

Only then I resorted to technical support....

nilz85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Be careful I had a brand new 8120 and after uninstalling a IM software my phone would turn off and on unlimited amount of times i was lucky i was within 2 days of my garantee and therefore was replaced i have no idea what happened but after the uninstallation it asked me to reboot and non the wiser i did and i was punished.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    try this thread:
    EDIT: heres the other one: ____
    Strange... when trying to read that I get the message "Snatcher, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

Is the thread restricted?