and unresponsive at times.. i completely gave up on telenav maps..i havent successfully pulled a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thafro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402a271

my pearl is being pretty laggy

Advertisement

and unresponsive at times..

i completely gave up on telenav maps..i havent successfully pulled a route yet..thank god for google maps...
    or is it required that i subscribe to the gps deal for it to just find directions? (i can type in the to and from addresses, and when i click accept entry it just freezes.)

there are times when opera mini and mini beta completely freeze (i dont have either of them installed at the same time)

its slow loading my pictures folder..

i love the phone to death. ive had it 2 weeks..but its totally Killing me..

im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? or if there are any suggestions..other than downgrading the os (which is 4.2.1.96 with AT&T)

oh and! my desktop software 4.2 (installed on windows vista) with service pack 1 and 2..wont syncronize with my phone..it gives me a simple error message..

whats up? haha

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: my pearl is being pretty laggy

First off, there is a known issue with Vista not being compatible with DM. Not sure when that fix is coming from RIM.

.96 does run fairly slow with media apps (i.e. pics and songs). It otherwise is a very stable OS, so if it isn't too annoying, you can learn to live with it. Otherwise, if you don't like it, upgrading to the .101 or .107 versions will definitely help.

TeleNav requires a subscription to work properly, thats why it isn't responding.

Welcome to the Stacks.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

thafro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402a271
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    First off, there is a known issue with Vista not being compatible with DM. Not sure when that fix is coming from RIM.

.96 does run fairly slow with media apps (i.e. pics and songs). It otherwise is a very stable OS, so if it isn't too annoying, you can learn to live with it. Otherwise, if you don't like it, upgrading to the .101 or .107 versions will definitely help.

TeleNav requires a subscription to work properly, thats why it isn't responding.

Welcome to the Stacks.

Wow awesome! Thank you! ...so how would i go about upgrading? I didnt see a later version for the att os
    I appreciate it

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

download 107 from tmobile and delete the vendor.xml file launch dm and there you go
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

also try running the built in memory cleaner to free up space from unneeded data

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

oh...sorry forgot about this too...also make sure you only have the applications you absolutely need running...there are 5 that always run no matter what if you have data plan...they are: BB Messenger, Call Logs, Browser, Messages, and Home Screen...hope this helps

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by thafro
    Wow awesome! Thank you! ...so how would i go about upgrading? I didnt see a later version for the att os
    I appreciate it
    Here you go http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html. To delete the vedor file follow

C: program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/delete the vendor.xml file

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

how do you get to the memory cleaner on the pearl??? because if thats going to speed up the phone i may need to do that. because that thing darn near stops when trying to load the address book of 480 contacts
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com