My Pearl is replacement for my previous Pearl that opened applications without touching keys. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

privatebiscuit no está en línea Stack level 1

My Pearl is acting kind of glichy

Advertisement

My Pearl is replacement for my previous Pearl that opened applications without touching keys. I have not put any additional software on the device or played with the settings other than selecting a theme and setting up the e-mail.

There are two problems. The first is that when the battery dies, it dies without warning. It does hold up to the 3.5 hours of talk time, but I remember it beeping at me (while talking on the phone) to notify the battery was low/about to die and it has not notified me the last three times it completely drained. So I was wondering if this feature was ever real and if so how to turn it on.

The second problem that the camera often does not work. When I open the application the viewfinder on the screen it is either completely gray or the image is split horiziontaly with the top half on the bottom and vice versa. Also it often doesn't exit the application once this happens. If the camera never works again, that is fine. I have never really understood why they were ever integrated with cell phones to begin with. Although if it is there it would be nice if it worked.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: My Pearl is acting kind of glichy

Quote Originally Posted by privatebiscuit
    My Pearl is replacement for my previous Pearl that opened applications without touching keys. I have not put any additional software on the device or played with the settings other than selecting a theme and setting up the e-mail.

There are two problems. The first is that when the battery dies, it dies without warning. It does hold up to the 3.5 hours of talk time, but I remember it beeping at me (while talking on the phone) to notify the battery was low/about to die and it has not notified me the last three times it completely drained. So I was wondering if this feature was ever real and if so how to turn it on.

The second problem that the camera often does not work. When I open the application the viewfinder on the screen it is either completely gray or the image is split horiziontaly with the top half on the bottom and vice versa. Also it often doesn't exit the application once this happens. If the camera never works again, that is fine. I have never really understood why they were ever integrated with cell phones to begin with. Although if it is there it would be nice if it worked.
    Wow you pearl seems to have hardware issues. There is no reason for the battery to die after after 3 hours of talk time. Are you talking constantly on it? Do you have bluetooth on?

I also have not heard of this issue with the camera. It maybe a software issue. Recently there has been a bunch of Pearls out of box with OS issues. This is resolved by reinstalling the OS.

I would first try to reinstall the OS(operating sytem) if you want to stay with your current OS you can go here: Cingular/AT&T OS's. I Would grab the Red/Maine Slate One. (recommended)

If you would like to upgrade you can go here for the latest: Rogers 4.2.1.94(may void warranty) Do not send your pearl back with this OS on it.

If you need to downgrade go here: How to downgrade OS

Step by step instructions on how to Upgrade and reinstall are here: Upgrade

I would try this before trying to send it back again. There should be no reason for your pearl to act up like this. Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

eldridge_88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: My Pearl is acting kind of glichy

yo i just got my pearl yesterday and now it wont turn on the top just keeps flashing red wat do i do?