Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

mythmbhurts, There are plenty of other methods that manufacturers use as indicators for disassembly, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: My Pearl has stopped rolling down.

Advertisement

mythmbhurts, There are plenty of other methods that manufacturers use as indicators for disassembly, and some of these are very difficult for anyone other than a trained technician specifically looking for it in the right place to discern.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

FWIW Ive returned phones for warranty work and was sent replacements when found faulty. Every one of those phones I sent back were taken apart at one point by me. Never was denied warranty work because of it. Maybe I have skilled hands, who knows. I am not condoning the taking apart of phones by everyone here. Just stating my experiences.

Alex

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mythmbhurts, There are plenty of other methods that manufacturers use as indicators for disassembly, and some of these are very difficult for anyone other than a trained technician specifically looking for it in the right place to discern.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    I was going to mention this too, but I was already mouthing off enough.

There could be screws with marker paint, seals, etc. used on it. And that is not even taking into account that the screws and casing will show signs of someone tampering with the device.

E.g., that is why screws on devices are black. When one takes a screwdriver to the screw, the scratches show up [typcially silver metal underneath the colored surface].

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    FWIW Ive returned phones for warranty work and was sent replacements when found faulty. Every one of those phones I sent back were taken apart at one point by me. Never was denied warranty work because of it. Maybe I have skilled hands, who knows. I am not condoning the taking apart of phones by everyone here. Just stating my experiences.

Alex
    Like I said, most manufacturers so NOT closely examine warranty returns. They just don't have time to do so.

But all it takes is that one new tech, or someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, to make your life miserable.

Yes, the odds of "getting caught" are slim. E.g. one time my girlfriend knocked a Compaq PDA off a toilet stall shelf and into a toilet as she was getting ready to exit the stall. The $500 PDA still worked somewaht, but the display was toast in that it had water spots on it.

However at the time there was an issue with Ipaq PDA's getting dust and spots under the screen. People were making warranty claims. She called, said there was dust and spots on the screen. [the water spots kinda looked like spots and dust].

They sent her a replacement PDA and a FedEx box to return the damaged one. She sent the damaged PDA back but was hoping no one at Compaq would look too closely. She never heard from them and her credit card was never charged.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

I am support for many blackberrys for a company and have taken apart many many many blackberrys Im not saying im the best or what not but I have seen every type of marker they use for checking if a product has been tampered with. I did not find such a marker on the pearl and yes I did use a magnafiying glass whe i went over it(sick I know) thats all IM saying so for the trained hand It would not be a problem to take your apart and try and fix something like a trackball not scrolling. To each there own and enjoy your pearls
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem solved even though I doubt that is what this thread is actually about anymore but thats cool, I actually played a long game of Brickbreaker and it must have freed something up. Now I can scroll down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazaaab
    Problem solved even though I doubt that is what this thread is actually about anymore but thats cool, I actually played a long game of Brickbreaker and it must have freed something up. Now I can scroll down again.
    Thread posts can go in as many directions as your Brickbreaker fix to the scrolling problem.

Why don't you still take the thing apart so we can all find out what the problem was.

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Thread posts can go in as many directions as your Brickbreaker fix to the scrolling problem.

Why don't you still take the thing apart so we can all find out what the problem was.
    And void my warranty.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    what a waste of time

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

thx ima use this so i can replace housing hehe a blackberry is suppost to be black not w/e Cingular made there's

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

Next Level Design By Sinista Graphix!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

yeah, im a little disappointed that cleaning the trackball wasn't suggested sooner. The trackball removal is quick and easy. Just don't get excited and bend/break anything. Red's post is the best way to do it, and once you've done it once, the 2nd time, and there will be a 2nd time, will be easy.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12