Ok, spooky development...I have had my Pearl for at least 6 months. No problems. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

My Pearl has done gone quiet!

Advertisement

Ok, spooky development...I have had my Pearl for at least 6 months. No problems. I upgraded to 4.2.0.64 yesterday (from 4.2.0.42). No problems. I added BB Alerts a couple of days ago (nifty program). No problems.

Today, in the middle of nowhere, my volume has gone so quiet I can barely hear it. I felt the vibes from a SMS coming in, no tone. I check the settings...it's on medium. I change it to high. Still can barely hear it. I read another string where people drilled holes in the Pearl for better sound. 1) I don't do well with drills, 2) I don't want to drill holes in this, and 3) the sound has always been great until now. Ideas? Only other change I can think of is I signed up for the My Faves plan with TMobile that added a new icon on my phone. I did get a phone call on the phone since then, volume was fine.

Love,

Baffled

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Re: My Pearl has done gone quiet!

Well have you dropped your phone?

detourkid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242277c6

hi, i have drilled holes in the back cover and it made the sound better . did you try a hard boot by taking out the battery ?

It always sounded fine without additional holes until today. I didn't drop it. Merely restarting it fixed (?) the issue but I am concerned because this has never happened before and I don't want it to spontaneously go quiet...I am trying to find the cause. Hopeless? Maybe...

Kuwest no está en línea Stack level 1

turn it in, it happen to my phone you cant hear it ring, cant hear media nothing ,i just took it in they say it the os but that bull, it the phone, they just sent me my new one and it works coo

Cool, thanks...I am watching my Pearl closely and if it does it again it is totally going back...

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

My brother-in-law's Pearl stopped making any kind of noise whatsoever. No ringing, no music, no nothing. Everything else worked normal. We both tried yanking the battery among other things.
    The thing that finally fixed it was pretty weird. I found that the little sim card door was slightly loose. It was still closed, and the card appeared to be making good contact (must have been--he used it like this for a couple of weeks). I popped the card out, realigned it and securely closed the bracket. I booted it up, and voila! Sound.
    Strange, I know, but you might want to take a close look at your sim card.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq
    Ok, spooky development...I have had my Pearl for at least 6 months. No problems. I upgraded to 4.2.0.64 yesterday (from 4.2.0.42). No problems. I added BB Alerts a couple of days ago (nifty program). No problems.

Today, in the middle of nowhere, my volume has gone so quiet I can barely hear it. I felt the vibes from a SMS coming in, no tone. I check the settings...it's on medium. I change it to high. Still can barely hear it. I read another string where people drilled holes in the Pearl for better sound. 1) I don't do well with drills, 2) I don't want to drill holes in this, and 3) the sound has always been great until now. Ideas? Only other change I can think of is I signed up for the My Faves plan with TMobile that added a new icon on my phone. I did get a phone call on the phone since then, volume was fine.

Love,

Baffled
    Ok do you use a bluetooth headset?

This happens to me all the time, but what you have to do is make a call and then turn the volume up or down and then just hang up and bam everything is back to normal

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I would just try to reload the OS and then see what happens from there. If that doesn't work then maybe try some of the other suggestions here, and if all else fails then just call your service provider and see if you can get a new one for free. Also just so you know, drilling holes in your back cover doesn't have anything to do with your problem because it only allows the soundwaves to travel out of the phone speaker more easily than if there was a solid cover and nowhere for the sound to escape.

So hope this will help you out problem and if not then we can try and find some more helpful suggestions to help you out. Please post back and let us know how it goes.

COJO 24

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that just seems crazy, let us know if any of these suggestions work if this continues to happen.

So far so good...I upgraded the OS per another post, and have not had the same issue happen again...yet No, I don't use a bluetooth headset, I do use bluetooth through my car. But the quietness happened without any sort of bluetooth connection. Odd, I know. Such silly little things!

ecarrillo no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok i have had this problem before but it was due to the actual ringtone that i had which for some reason would be really low and the only way i could fix it is by changing it to something much louder

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

My GF had the same problem the other day!!!! A battery pull did the trick!!!!