Does anyone know why my pearl wont open word or excel attachments? I could open ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jerbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2465a992

Question my pearl doesn't open attachments

Advertisement

Does anyone know why my pearl wont open word or excel attachments? I could open them on my 7100t , but i did not notice that about my pearl until my managers started sending me emails again and i am not going to pay 199.00 to read email att. when my old phone could read them.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I run 4 tax offices and my partner is spreadsheet crazy and this year will be tough if i cant read my email att. from my people.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: my pearl doesn't open attachments

Not sure mine opens them fine. What exactly is happening and how are you trying to open them ?

When I get an email I select and click "attachment" at the top, that opens a menu that says "open attachement" then after that you click on the document and select "full content".

There are other ways to do the above but I didnt want to list them all.

jerbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2465a992

thatsa were the problem is when i open the email it does not give me the option to select open attachment like on my old 7100 . I would do exactly what you said to open them on the 7100 and it worked everytime but it is almost like the pearl does not recognize the attachments and doesn't give me that option at all.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jerbear, go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and look for the app "Blackberry Attachment Service". If you do not have it, you will need to add it using the Apps Loader in Desktop Manager. It is one of the Apps that you can control by putting a checkmark beside it. If it is there, you may need to resend your service books for your BIS client.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

you should try and gointo your bes or bis server which ever u r on, remove your emails and then reentre your email info. somehow this resets things and then u can open attachments. try that!! thats what i had to do.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

On my Pearl unless its an atttachement thats not supported it acts like I described above. If I get an attachment that is not supported then it still says attachment but doest give an option to open.

Maybe try sending yourself a couple spreadsheets and see what happens.

toma no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

toma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do we have to buy software or is there another solution.
    Confused in NY
    Tom

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Toma, are you having issues opening attachments too? Please explain a little more. What sort of files are you trying to open?

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

I have sorta the same problem. At first it wouldn't even let me select the attachment but now I can at least do that. But when I do my menu says NOTHING about saving the attachment. It's just your regular standard options that pop up everytime you click the BB menu icon. I also checked to see if the attachment is in my advanced options and it's there. So I have no idea why on earth it won't work for me. It's really irritating me because I have been emailing myself a JAR file for MyWaves since their download file on getjar.com is not working.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

DrSuha, you can't open a .jar file in an email. That is an unsupported format. That format is meant to be installed using the Browser on your BB.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

I realized this today finally after getting tons of attachments from my coworkers that I was able to download and open. This really sucks because the jar file I'm trying to download simply won't load from getjar.com due to some site error.

pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206942CE

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    jerbear, go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and look for the app "Blackberry Attachment Service". If you do not have it, you will need to add it using the Apps Loader in Desktop Manager. It is one of the Apps that you can control by putting a checkmark beside it. If it is there, you may need to resend your service books for your BIS client.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

When I receive an email with pictures attached (.jpg) on my desktop computer, it doesn't show 'an attachment' icon on my 8100 Pearl and I can't open any pictures...I followed the advice above, and see that my pearl DOES have this "Blackberry Attachment Service" installed under the applications. Is there another setting that I need to check/change in order to be able to open attachments?

Thanks,
    Tara