Sorry if this has been covered, I wasn't sure what to search to see. All ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down My Pearl can't "hear" me... :(

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been covered, I wasn't sure what to search to see.

All of a sudden it is like my berry can't hear me, ie. I try to make a call and the other side can't hear me, I try voice dialing, it doesn't hear me and I use voice recorder and I get a blank file...

Please tell me there is some easy fix or setting I accidentally messed up and can get back to normal... I don't wanna hafta to return it!

TIA ~

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: My Pearl can't "hear" me... :(

Try a reset (pull the battery) and see if that fixes it. Did you get any water on/in the phone?

Tried that, no go

And no, all that has been different in the last 24 hours (the last time I successfully was "heard") was I was playing with the voice recorder app, and I installed the new seidio extended battery yesterday...

I was crossing my fingers there was some slap my forehead solution that would make my day, some wrng setting I did by accident playing with all these themes etc lol

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you use any bluetooth devices?

Bill

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

how wierd is that.. I would call the tech support.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Try putting your old battery back in. Your new one may be defective. BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bill, Nope. I had messed with it awhile back but am chagrined to admit I never got it to synch bluetooth-ly so I just don't use it...

Yeah I know I will prolly have to call, but I was hoping to avoid it if an easy fix lol

Switched batteries but no go.. thanks for trying to help tho

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Have you tried any of those color the trackball mods or anything? Just curious as it almost sounds like the mic has been disconnected (I've never had mine apart so I do not know if the mic has a plug on the end of it or not).

Sounds like you may have to make a call

Too bad you cannot get your BT headset working. Hey do you have a regular headset? Have you tried making calls with a headset just to narrow down the problem?

Bill

wolfeman75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF9EE6

I had this exact same problem about a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden, for no reason whatsoever, the microphone on my pearl stopped working. My bluetooth headset (and a cheap wired headset I got while on the road when my Bluetooth one died) worked fine.

The Pearl has a 1 year warrantee provided it hasn't been dropped or submerged, but it needs to be returned through the company who sold it to you.

In my case, it was Cingular. I was amazed that the return went smoothly. They sent me a new Pearl, and I sent back the one with the broken microphone.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Nope, no mods here...

Only the battery swap, I wonder if I somehow messed something up when doing that??? And I tried the headset and it DOES work indeed... so I am wondering just where the mic is on the inside, down at the bottom near where the bottom of the battery plugs in perhaps???

Man I'd have to buy new BSE and stuff too if I have to swap it out... Plus be without it, or do they do advanced exchange?

I bought thru Amazon but have TMobile service... which one do I call, or just Rim direct?

wolfeman75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF9EE6

I'm not sure. Amazon would be the first place I would try. Cingular did advance exchange, maybe Amazon will too.

I looked for the Mic on the inside, and I didn't find it very easily, and I didn't want to void any warranty by pulling it apart, so I didn't. I've seen a disassembly instruction somewhere online, but I would bet that the mic is soldered to the system board inside.