Well I noticed since earlier in the day my phone was searching for a connection ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

My Pearl Acting Weird Again

Advertisement

Well I noticed since earlier in the day my phone was searching for a connection to a network but it never changed from searching. I went everywhere to try and get reception but nothing. So I go under networks and it is set as automatic in detecting but it said my network was under Cingular. I'm under t mobile and it always usually says t mobile under the the network. What could have changed it? When I changed the look for network to manual I did a search 2 times and it finally changed back to t mobile and it worked .

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: My Pearl Acting Weird Again

Mine runs on cingular non-stop near my house. I was told it was just the stronger tower t-mobile was 'renting per say' to give me service through and had no effect on my billing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

when it starts doing that, do a battery pull...
    deep inside my bathroom (don't ask) i can't get anything more than gsm sometimes...i just pull the battery and it bounces back to either gprs or edge

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

yeah cingular is pretty big around most part where i live but luckily i get a good reception here at my house with Tmobile but it will do that when is not getting a good reception.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes. I have had issues too and pulling the battery will be like a cold boot up for a computer. Also, I have been told by TMO that they do have agreements with other providers in such cases. However, my agreement states that when I am connected via a different provider the minutes spent may come out of my allotment for the month even if it is tmo to tmo which I included in my plan and is normally unlimited. So make sure you check with them. An example of this is when I travel to NC. I am usually on SunCom or Cingular. No tmo there yet that I know of.